Dinner for One (Open)

'Dinner for One'

It was a little later into the evening when Rorri stepped out of the shower. With a yawn she dressed in a silver down with pearil earrings and a simple gold necklace. Her hair was worn long and on the way out she added a simple shaw to her shoulders, white in color.

A few moments later she entered the hotel's grand restaurant and took her pre-reserved table near the front. A waiter dropped off a menu and after a few moments of negotiating the order for the lobster special was complete. For drinks she ordered both champaign and water.

Luckily they didn't check her age, most likely they figured it was pointless considering how much money she was worth. She sat back to watch the theater show that was put on while the various high paying client ate their meals and enjoyed the experience.

TBC

Fallon 18 years ago
Unable to locate the source of the music, Fallon had returned to her room. She was still tentative about seeking 'food', and because she wasn't really 'hungry' yet, decided to put it off till later.

Instead she decided one of the best places to meet people of the hotel, would be the restaurant. So she dressed appropriately, tucked her french braid into a chignon, put on a bit of mascara and gloss, and left her room.

The dress she wore was a simple black sheath, with a halter top neck. Black strappy heels, and gold hoops completed her ensemble, and helped give her added confidence to know she looked wealthier, and more self assured, than she actually was.

Because she wasn't planning on leaving the hotel, yet, she took no purse or wrap. As she entered the restaurant, she noticed a young girl sitting alone at a table near the front. Since everyone else seemed to be paired up, Fallon wandered over to the girl's table.

"Hello, my name is Fallon, and I was wondering if you would like some company, for dinner?"

It was a brief introduction, but Fallon saw no reason to go into great detail, especially if the girl was waiting for someone, or had no desire for an intrusion.
Rorri Rosethorne 18 years ago
Rorri glanced up at the unwanted interraction, or was it?

Either way it was a definate breach of her personal space and one that would never have happened back home in a formal restaurant.

Still...

She was tired and in a strange land and this person might know something she needed the answers too.

"Please...have a seat." Rorri said pointing to a seat two seats away from her. It left an empty space between to preserve the illusion of privacy.

Perhaps this was an american custom she wondered?

Would more strangers just drop out of the crowd tonight to simply sit with her?
Fallon 18 years ago
Glad not to be rebuffed, but intrigued to be directed by one so young, Fallon took the offered seat and sat.

The girl looked considerably younger than she had at first, and Fallon guessed it was her clothes that threw her initially.

"Thank you. I am usually quite content to sit alone, but tonight I've decided to try and 'mingle'. I'm fairly new to Nachton, and won't make friends and influence people if I don't actually meet any."

Fallon was glad this girl was young. She reminded her of students she'd had back home. No...back in Wilmington...Nachton was now her home.

"Are you here with your parents?"
Montana 18 years ago
The maitre'd was beginning to get on her nerves. "You're not understanding me, sir. I was placed at this hotel by the City of Nachton. That includes meals. I ordered room service three hours ago. I waited in my room for three hours since ordering at five o'clock for food. It's now eight, and I have not eaten since eight this morning. That's unacceptible. So either you seat me and charge it to my tab, or you bring out your manager so he or she can tell me why you won't feed me."

There. She'd said it. Calmly. Her voice hadn't changed. She usually hated it when her voice got raspy because she had gotten firm or stern. People occasionally laughed at her. As if being female, under forty, and diminutive wasn't bad enough for some people to immediately think "Oh, here's someone we can take advantage of" the occasional issues with her voice were... frustrating.

She was glad, though, that she'd at least put on a decent blouse - a pastel pink one she'd brought, and a pair of black slacks - because the dress code of the restaurant seemed almost black-tie.

"You're still standing there. I'm waiting." She heard the last word come out grated. Holding her breath a moment, she stared at the annoying "host."
Rorri listened as one used to getting information from everything, as she was taught, but detested the questions from someone who had just joined her at her table.

Especially when it was that close to her source of pain and sorrow.

"Welcome Fallon, as to yer question my parents are...home and my name is Rorri Rosethorne; I am here on family business. Have you eaten tonight?" Rorri replied with an added question.

No wonder she felt tired...it was that damned jet lack kicking in and the five hour difference in time Rorri inwardly swore.

She really would need a cup of hot tea soon she figured.
There was the sound of a fussing coming from the restaurant's front and that caused Rorri's jaw to twitch.

Couldn't she have a moment of peace in this gawd foresaken land of heathen commoners???

"Excuse me Fallon, I'll just be one second!" Rorri said as she got up and walked back to the front.

"Oh there you are dearie, I was wondering where you were as you were running so late, please...please come join us now so the rest won't be made to wait any longer!" Rorri said taking the older girls arm and practically dragging her along.

"Inefficient cretons..." She mumbled about the servent as she dragged this other girl back to her lavish table to join herself and Fallon.

The look on the maitre'd's face was worth it the hassel.

"Excuse me Fallon dear, but this lass will be joining us tonight, please sit now and do try to cover that gaping hole you call a mouth, I did what I did so that I might have some peace of mind tonight, everything is on me, so please order up and enjoy the meal and the show!" Rorri said like the little dictator she was.

"Oh my, my manners, I've forgotten them something terribly haven't I. Sodding hell! I'm sorry dearie, my name is Rorri Rosethorn, English, and this is Fallon, I just met her a few moments ago and since neither of us apparently wanted to eat alone we thought to dine together and with ye that makes three so please order up!" Rorri said with a smile.

(^_^)
Fallon 18 years ago
She was more than a little surprised to see such a young girl of what appeared to be wealth and breeding, alone. However, it really was none of her business, so she let it drop.

Before she answered, she turned to look at another woman who was apparently having some sort of disagreement with the restaurant staff.

"I hope that isn't an indication of how the rest of the restaurant is run."

Turning back to Rorri, Fallon gave her a small shrug.

"It is nice to meet you Rorri, and no, I have not eaten."

Aside from her...meal last night, Fallon couldn't remember the last time she'd had normal food. A flutter in her stomach indicated another one of Panos' truisms was proving accurate. She didn't need normal food.

Catching an accent, Fallon guessed Rorri was English, and as a matter of conversation, asked her about it.

"Do I detect an English accent? Are you new to Nachton as well?"
Fallon 18 years ago
She was more than a little surprised to see such a young girl of what appeared to be wealth and breeding, alone. However, it really was none of her business, so she let it drop.

Before she answered, she turned to look at another woman who was apparently having some sort of disagreement with the restaurant staff.

"I hope that isn't an indication of how the rest of the restaurant is run."

Turning back to Rorri, Fallon gave her a small shrug. But again, before she could continue, Rorri stood up and took off after the other woman. A nice, quiet, uneventful evening was quickly becoming one of confusion, noise, and much too much attention.

Fallon sat where she was, without saying a word, or moving a muscle, and waited for the newcomer to speak. She was also reconsidering her sticking around. If the young woman behaved like that much more, Fallon would certainly be finding other companionship. The last thing she wanted was more eyes on them.
Montana 18 years ago
Ana was extremely surprised to find her arm in an almost vise-like grip, and being dragged along to a table with another woman. She resisted temptation to look back at the maitre'd and stick her tongue out at him.

"Pleased to meet you, Rorri Rosethorn-english, and Miss Fallon. I'm terribly sorry, I don't mean to impose. I've been through a lot today and just wanted dinner..."

She was sure she looked contrite. It certainly wasn't her place to be imposing upon people thusly, and while she was certainly appreciative, she didn't want to be a burden on two new people...
"Now we won't tolerate any of that dearie. Yer both my guests tonight so please indulger yerselves properly." Rorri replied with a soft smile as she snapped her fingers in a way that said she was used to getting what she wanted.

Sure enough a waitor appeared son enough.

"My guests will be ready to order soon, please bring us some hot tea, earl grey if you have it." Rorri commanded again in tha authoritive tone.
Montana 18 years ago
"You'll have to excuse any perceived impertinence, but it's not very often that I get asked to dinner as a 'damsel in distress' rescue by two women."

Ana glanced at Fallon. "Well, maybe just one, as I still feel I'm imposing."
Fallon 18 years ago
"Not as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I already imposed, I'm afraid. But Rorri was quite nice about it, and allowed me to join her. I'm sure if she's drug you clear over here, she's of a mind to have you join as well, as she said."

Fallon had no idea why she was trying to explain anything. She already determined that Rorri was somewhat of a tyrant, and not the type of person she readily took up with. Her life had been full of enough tyrants for a life time. Now that her lifetime had just increased, she was going to make sure she didn't continue the same awful pattern she had for the past twenty years or so.

"It sounds like we've all been tested lately."

From the way everyone was talking, Fallon's choice in a dinner date at least seemed to share that with her. Though she found it hard to believe either of them could have gone through anything as life altering as what she had been through.

Hearing that Rorri was offering to treat, sealed the deal with Fallon. Being that her funds were limited, she was ready to take any offers that came her way.
Montana 18 years ago
"Is that what this is? A test?" Ana laughed bitterly, a normally sweet laugh that almost degenerated into silent sobs. After just a moment though she stopped, staring at her lap, and let out a raspy sigh. "Tests suck."

Closing her eyes tightly, then reopening them, they were surprisingly without shimmer or dampness. "Thank you for the offer, Rorri Rosethorn-english, and Miss Fallon. I'd certainly be appreciative of the company."
Rorri nodded.

"We all like company from time to time, even the sparrow lost in the wind and rain will take haven with the hawk from time to time." Rorri whispered softly as she sipped her newly arrived tea.

The waiter was still passing out the drinks to the other two girls.
Fallon 18 years ago
"Please...just Fallon. Miss Fallon is what my students used to call me. Though niether of you are much older."

Fallon laughed softly.

"And I believe Rorri was commenting on her heritage, not her name, when she mentioned English..."

Fallon glanced at Rorri for confirmation. She then ordered a Chevis on the rocks from the waiter, and put off ordering her meal for now.

"And you were?"

Reminding the other woman that she had neglected to offer her name yet.
Montana 18 years ago
Ana's hand came to her mouth and she blushed furiously. "Completely embarassed that I was ignorant in not introducing myself. I'm Ana Kensington. I'm from Buffalo. New York. And I must say, Fallon, you've made me smile," she demonstrated the happy vibe as she did just that, "but actually I'm almost twenty-three."

Turning to Rorri, she apologized. "I'm sorry, I'm quite used to New York accents but not British, so your pause in your introduction was a tad shorter than I'm used to. In any case," she said, "I'm happy to meet both of you."
Rorri nodded as she sipped her Tea.

"Rorri Rosethorne of England, I'm here visiting yer country for some brief business." Rorri replied with a slight smile, though her eyes said otherwise. There was an almost haunting look in them and another that spoke volumes of the intelligence that lay inside.
Fallon 18 years ago
Fallon was not a mean spirited person. She had a hard shell on the outside, but that was for protection. She cringed when she heard Ana's response.

"No...you're not ignorant...forgetting to introduce yourself just indicates you've got a lot on your mind."

Fallon also wasn't really the type to concern herself with the problems of others, but it occurred to her a few allies would help her get by a lot better, than having none at all. Things were much more different now...now that Ted was no longer an issue, and she only had herself to worry about.
Montana 18 years ago
Noting the look in Rorri's eyes, Ana nodded, half-smiling ruefully. "That's probably the understatement of December." To the waiter, she said, "Unsweetened iced tea, please, for now."
Rorri watched the two for a few moments while she sipped her hot tea.

"Well met Anna and Fallon, so, if I may inquire, what exactly do the both of ye do here in this oddly named coastal city?" Rorri asked softly.