Driving Miss Ginnie (Attn: Ginnie - Private)

Arriving at the motor pool, Alec continued to blend in the shadows. He watched as mercs of every shape, size and age filtered through, responding to Ellis' call to arms. Taking his time, he worked his way around to the area where Ginnie's gear was being loaded. Cocking his head a bit, he realized that he even considered her sexy in kevlar. Black denim, sure...kitten shirt, ok...leather, of course...kevlar...now, that's a surprise. Yup...he was in deep.

Feeling a bit of a warm glow, he watched as she casually directed men and women who would likely decimate him in a fair fight. These dangerous folk all deferred to her, most on multiple levels. Smiling, he nodded at the look in some of their eyes. There was some apprehension, sure. Some fear in others, perhaps. There were several, though, who looked to her with admiration. All looked to her and hoped to uphold her expectations. That must be what leadership looked like. Something he'd likely never display...thankfully. Alec thought he might crack under scrutiny like that...all those people waiting for possible praise, worried about condemnation. A short while passed...the mercs filtered out, and the vehicle was loaded.

He watched for a moment as she looked into the back of the vehicle, making sure all of her ammunition and toys were in order. She leaned over some boxes. She untied her ponytail, shook out her hair, ran her hands through it and put it back into a ponytail. Smiling beneath his mask, he noted that she didn't really *seem* to be doing anything vital. Almost as if she was waiting for something...or someone. Checking the area for witnesses, he strode up beside her, more silent than the breeze and with slightly less presence.

Relaxing his focus on blending, he looked over her shoulder and asked

Looking for something, mon coeur?

Ginnie 18 years ago
She'd grabbed a Merc on her way out and had him help her carry the six cases she needed from her car to the van. She got the whole thing loaded and was wondering if she should just go and find Alec when she go to the compound. She had bombs to build when she got there and she really shouldn't...

Looking for something, mon coeur?

A slow warm smile curled her lips and she turned her body beneath his, wrapping her arms around his waist. "Nope, I found it."

'Oh good Lord, could I be any more cheesey? No I don't think so.' She nuzzled his neck to hide her blush, lightly nipping him with her fangs. It occurred to her, that this might just be the last time she got to hold him. Her throat clogged and hot tears filled her eyes. 'What the hell? Pull it together, Gin, good grief.'

She took a deep breath and tightened her arms around him, yeah she needed to pull it together like right now. She just couldn't seem to let go.
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Standing there in her arms, things felt perfect. A huge job in a location whose layout was second nature to him, a whole team to come backing him up as needed, all electronic surveillance offline...an easy, if slightly dangerous payoff and a loving woman to see him off and to come back home to. Things could only be better if the enemy clips were loaded with blanks for in-house safety training. Holding her close, he pulled up his mask, nipping her back on her earlobe.

Ah...exciting day, non? An easy mark in a familiar building that won't be paying attention to us by the time we get there since Ellis will be in the bowels of the place raising hell. Cakewalk and a huge payoff.

Nuzzling her neck, he continued, talking into her ponytail.

And a gorgeous, dangerous woman who will have done some insane amounts of property damage and will desperately want me to come back to her intact. I'm not sure the scenario could be any better.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Her fear melted away and she chuckled softly into his neck. How did he seem to know exactly what to say?

"We could shimmy out of some of this gear and start this show with a bang of our own."

She leaned back and gave him an almost lecherous grin. "On second thought it might be best for the snake to stay in your pants."

She pressed her lips gently to his and gave him a quick hug. She really needed to get in the zone if she was going to cause as much damage as Ellis requested of her and get out alive.

"Come on, slick let's get going, I've got bombs to make and people to kill."

She gave him a wink and slipped out of his arms, and sliding into the front seat leaving him to close up the back. It was only fair after all, he made her fear for his life, he could close up the van.
Savoring the kiss, he leaned back.

Plenty of time for that later. Let's go steal things and blow shit up.

Chuckling, he closed the back of the van and slipped into the driver's seat. Leaning over for one last quick kiss, he smirked.

I love my work. I love you. Uh...though you're not work. I mean...crap. Ok. I'll shut up and drive.

Blushing furiously at his utter failure at a tender moment, he slipped the vehicle into gear and backed out.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie bit her smile back and gave his arm a soft caress. She pulled her note pas out of her pocket and studied the sketch she had made. It was hauntingly familiar and it would be very simple to place charges so that the place fell in on itself and buried in survivors in rubble so deep they would starve to death before rescue workers could find them. But, that wasn't what she had been charged with. She was to make it messy and messy made her smile.

"I just hope I brought enough C4..."

Well she had some tnt too, but that wasn't nearly as fun. It didn't do as much damage, but it sure made a lot of noise and noise was fun too.

"I guess I just follow you in and set my charges, I'm going to use a detonator instead of timed charges, I don't want to get stuck and I can't guarantee my exit. I just can't decide if I should take the detonator or leave it hidden topside."
Driving within all applicable transportation laws, Alec realized he was probably standing out. Altering his technique to match the flow of traffic, he paid careful attention. He'd hate to have to shoot a cop in the face on the way to the event...that'd be the last thing he'd need, and be a very bad sign for things to come. At Ginnie's ponderings, he mused

Well, if you didn't it isn't like they won't have any on hand. Can always use their supplies instead of your own. Hell, we even know where it is most likely stored in that place. Kind of creepy how similar it is to the Domicile. That has me wondering how vulnerable our own setup might be.

I'm still not too clear on why we're all coming along if Ellis is going to kill Hillman and steal the goods herself. Sure, it'll be fun and all, but still.

Oh, I'd keep it with you. Don't want someone triggering it while I'm down there if you don't mind.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie shrugged, that didn't worry her. What worried her was the prospect of having to detonate it while inside and she couldn't do that if she left it and no one else but her could press that little button and make it work because,

"It's on a finger print scanner, no one but me can set it off."

She just didn't know if she should take it, as it could very well be used against her. She gave a small derisive laugh. Yeah like that would happen. This asshat had a bunch of morons working for him anyway and most of them don't know their asshole from a shoelace.

"I'll take it, just in case some nut gets it in their head to blow the van."

Her fingers started to drum against her leg, with an urge to be about their business. If she wasn't certain she'd blow herself up, she'd go get started while Alec drove, but that was just suicidal.

"Want to lay odd on how long it takes Ellis to have bled Hillman dry?"
Chuckling, Alec replied

Not sure how long it'll take her. Probably about fifteen to twenty minutes to get to him. After that, well, I'm thinking she'll want to savor it some. I don't think his is going to be a quick and painless death. I get that idea. She'll probably end with him in the Beast...that seems fair. Of course, he'll likely have been through every variety of pain there is before that...from stubbing your toe in the dark all the way up to smashing his testicles between the butts of her guns. If there was one person on the planet NOT to be right now...it is Hillman.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"No fucking kidding. A close second is a Hillman Lackey, because unbeknownst to them, they have me about to crawl up their asses. I like playing the revenge game. I kind of wish Ellis would let me in on the Hillman kill, the bastard did try to steal my town from me. I'm kinda pissed at him."

She looked back down at her notepad. She'd just have to suffice with blowing up his shit. Well she could handle that. She started to hum to herself, her belly was still warm from her hunt just a few hours earlier and her body was vibrating with anticipation. She let her mind drift to the explosives she needed to build. On a soft sigh her began to slip into the zone.
Shaking his head sadly, Alec agreed.

True. A shitstorm on unmeasurable proportion is about to drop on their heads. That's why you look into the background of a company before applying. 'Has your company ever pissed off an undying spirit of vengeance? Well fuck that! I'll work at the coffee shop down the road before I work for Hillman'!

Noting her return to concentration, Alec navigated them safely and uneventfully to the rendezvous.

((ooc - Alec and Ginnie out, lockup please))