Searching for the perfect... (open)

Suki carefully walked up and down the strip. Searching for the perfect place. She went into several shops, looked around shyly but always shook her head and left if the people spoke to her. She was going to find one if it took her till tomorrow!

This afternoon she had received a letter from her mother. Admonishing her for not being in college yet or having a better job than 'waitressing'. Ha! Her mother would flip if she knew just what kind of place she waited tables at. The House of Pain would send her mother into a coma of dismay. Her perfect princess dared to descend into the ranks of the deranged youth of today.

Spying another likely shop, Suki slowly opened the door and stepped into the clean but loud enviroment. The incessant buzzing was not as scarey in this place as it had been in the last two. Perhaps it was the atmosphere that made all the difference. This place reminded her of an office reception room, quiet and calming but giving no clue as to what the business was behind it.

A quiet and light sounding wind chime played its notes as the door knocked the small rubber weight. The tile floor shone bright with a waxy sheen. Walls were painted a pleasant yellow and the two couches were of an overstuffed subdued floral print.

Behind the wood counter sat a friendly faced woman who was sketching on a pad of paper. Suki liked her immediately. Her blonde hair was braided tightly to keep it out of her face which though concentrating on her work in front of her was still smiling. On the counter beside her sat several large photo albums. With a smile of her own Suki began looking through them.

"Welcome to Beauty Mark, I'm Sandra, one of the artists here. Were you looking for something specific?" The blonde said.

Her voice was soft and friendly. Peeking at her from under a waterfall of hair, Suki tried to tell her about her search.

"I am looking for my perfect statement of freedom." she stated shyly, hoping it made sense. "I don't know what it is yet, but I think it may be found here. Somehow I don't feel its a piercing, though I do like those. But I feel it may be a tattoo, something that will click within my soul, like a missing part of me."

The artist tapped her pencil against her lip while Suki blushed and went back to flipping through their books of past clients and basic art. Nodding her head in understanding she reached down and picked up another photo album, one that contained concept art. "Here, have a look through this one. Though you may want to skip to the blue pages, that has my favorite art on it."

After flipping carefully for a while Suki found a few she liked. One was a phoenix rising up in a ffierypproclamationof life. Another was a simple yet elegant lotus blossom. Unfortunately neither of them clicked exactly. "How am I going to find the perfect one? I like both of these but they don't click."

Sandra smiled and picked up several books, her pad and pencil. The settled down on a couch, to work through it together.

(Open and others are welcome to come in. The tasteful tattoo parlor also does piercings. They have three employee's in the office Sandra - owner, Bill - artist on break and Candice - artist working in back w/ client.)

Suki Langston 18 years ago
Leaving the artist to complete the design in her own time, Suki left.

((OOC Lock please))