Lost (private Rachyl/Invitation only)

Meegan allowed herself to be put gently in the car, as if she had any way to fight it. The cab driver smiled jeeringly at her and asked their destination. Meegan opened her mouth to try and give it to him, but sober Rachyl was much quicker.

Rachyl sat close and Meegan snuggled closely into her friend.

"I had fun tonight. I think I have a new favorite party spot."

She drummed her fingers on her pumpkin and hummed softly to the music in her head as the driver headed for the Manor.

Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl wasn't liking the leering stares the cabbie was giving them as they drove. Even so, she ignored them and tried to keep Meegan awake with conversation. Carrying her when she passed out was... painful.

"They're very lovely folk, that's for sure, and they make such a cute couple." The trite observation twanged in Rachyl's own ears as she said it but she doubted Meegan would remember it in the morning. "They did invite us to dinner, I'm sure both of us could use a couple new friends. Especially a pair like Connie and Nyra with such varied tastes! Those pirate decorations were exquisite."

Rachyl rambled til the cabbie pulled up to the gates of the Manor. He stopped outside the gate proper and turned to stare at the women, Meegan still propped on Rachyl's shoulder. "Could you take us to the door?"

"No."

"I'll give you ten extra bucks."

"Nope. Not going in there."

"Fine." Rachyl gave the cabbie fifteen dollars to cover the fourteen-and-change ride and gently pushed Meegan to a standing position. She looked up the drive to the door, a quarter mile away.

"Ready dear?" she asked as the cab vanished into the dark.
Meegan 18 years ago
"hmm? Oh sure." Meegan wasn't entirely certain how she had gotten up right, but she was and it seemed the pretty red head wanted her to walk. She could do that.

"That big scary house is far way. Should we skip, we'll get there faster." Meegan set the pretty pumpkin on the ground and pulled her dress to her knees. "Can't skip with a dress in the way."

She managed three full skips before falling on her face. She rolled onto her back laughing. "That was fun. Rachyl, I have to pee."

She felt a hand in hers and used it to clumsily pull herself up, and hear. "You have to go inside for that."

"Oh, ok. We should skip again."
Rachyl 18 years ago
"How about we skip after we get you inside, changed, and all tinkled out, because if you skip much more you're going to end up busting your lovely nose, and bloodying your dress, and I just don't think you'll be very happy after that. But you have to carry your pumpkin, okay?"

Rachyl felt Meegan's assenting relaxation and helped the taller woman up the drive. She was glad she'd left the ship-in-a-bottle at Connie's, because Meegan drunk just didn't lend itself to safe transportation of large fragile items.

The smaller pumpkin, though, seemed okay... She hoped.
Meegan 18 years ago
"No I don't like blood." She took the pumpkin from Rachyl. "I like dragons though. Did you know I have a.."Her voice lowered to a whisper and she leaned into Rachyl, missing a step, but still continuing up the drive. "Tattoo, on my back?"

She nodded at Rachyl. "I do, it's a dragon, and it's really big. I got it done in six sessions. It hurt really bad. The nice man always gave me a shot of whiskey when he finished. Did I ever tell you that?"

She hiccuped, then burped, then giggled. "He is also the guy that pierced my nipples. He gave me tequila for those, I think cause they hurt more."

"Oh look the door." Meegan put her pumpkin down again. "I have the key, hang on."

She took hold of her little pouch purse and tried to open it. She'd completely forgotten that the straps that were around her wrist is what the bag opened on. Frustrated she tugged it off her wrist and tried again.

"Oh, yeah." She took out the key and proceeded to try and get it into the lock.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl couldn't help but wonder why Meegan's bodmod artist ("Bodmod artist? Where'd you hear that? Oh, right, Veronica.") wouldn't give her the whiskey or tequila -before- the procedures if they hurt so much.

And as the priestess fumbled with the key, Rachyl gently steadied her hand and helped turn the large knob. As the door swung open, Meegan slowly began to sink... but thankfully being so much shorter than her friend, Rachyl slipped beneath her arm again and kept her upright. "Not very often I'm glad I'm short," she thought as she moved Meegan inside.

When the designer indicated she wanted to sit in a small chair near the foyer, Rachyl sat her down, quickly moved back outside for the pumpkin and reentered, closing and locking the door.

She stopped as she neared Meegan, who was now sitting sideways in the chair, kicking her feet and giggling.
"So did you want to get changed now, dear, or did you want to play merry-go-round in the foyer?"
Meegan 18 years ago
"No I need to pee." Meegan giggled once more and attempted to hop out of the chair. She succeeded in getting up, and smacking into the wall, since she was no longer turned to the center of the hall.

"Oh, oops." She turned around and started toward her bedroom. She got about half way there and decided she was very very hot. She found the zipper on her robe thingy and pulled it down enough to push the whole thing off her shoulders and onto the floor.

"Better. Rachyl? I think I need help before I can go pee. This thing is awfully confusing." She was staring down at her orange and black teddy. She had no idea how she was going to undo the garters. It seemed to her that she had put herself into one of those blacksmith's puzzles with no way out.

She pushed away from the wall and started toward the bedroom again. bouncing up on her toes, and humming.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl turned Meegan towards the hall entrance for the bathroom; she didn't want to take the chance of her friend causing a mess in the bedroom. "Stop for a moment, Meegan," she requested, turned Meegan around, then leaned the taller woman's back against the door jamb. Disconnecting a dozen eye-hook fasteners, she slid the fabric from Meegan's shoulders and helped her step from the garment. All the while, the designer hummed a tune that sounded frighteningly like 'The Monster Mash.'
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan patted Rachyl on the head, and made her wobbly way to the toilet. She took care of her business and headed to the sink to wash her hands. She stood there staring at the faucet for a moment before it dawned on her that she would need to turn the handle. She did that and washed her hands, drying them on the towel next to the sink, but left the water running.

She walked out into the bedroom to find Rachyl holding panties and one of her nighties.
"Oh those are cute. Are they new?"

She hiccuped and started humming again as she flopped her butt onto the bed. "I'm hungry. Are you hungry? We should eat. Cause I'm hungry. Are you hungry?"

She started kicking her feet and the movement made her giggle while she hummed. The noise was quite odd in her own head and that made her giggle and hum louder.
Rachyl 18 years ago
With a quick twist of her wrist, the flowing water was off. Rachyl moved out to the bedroom before Meegan and quickly grabbed some pink panties and an ornate but longish nightie.

"I don't know if they're new, darling, because you seemed to have gotten a few new items I've not seen before. And I'm not really hungry, no, because I actually ate at the party, where all you did was nibble and chug down mixed drinks."

Rachyl leaned over and placed the legs of the garments at Meegan's feet, then stood up, bringing them to her knees. Her slender arms came up, and the disco diva slipped the nightie over, and carefully pulled it past her head. "I need you to stand just a little so we can get your panties on, Meegan."
Meegan 18 years ago
"Oh, sure." Meegan slid from the bed, and straight to the floor, her panties ending up in a very uncomfortable place.

"Ow!" She turned around and pulled them out to a more normal place and using the bed she climbed back to where she had been sitting, but she landed face down, with her legs hanging off the bed.

She turned her head and smiled stupidly up at Rachyl.

"This is soft. I think I'm gunna sleep now. Want to sleep with me, it's cold in here and you look very cold." She reached out and ran her finger tip over Rachyl's protruding nipple and giggled.

"See you're all nippley." She lifted her head and looked at the bed and spied the pillows. Pushing up on her very wobbly arms she half crawled, half slithered to the pillows and pushed her way under the covers.

"Ooo warm and snuggly." She snuggled down into the pillows and started humming again. Shortly the humming trailed off and her breathing became steady, interrupted by a snore or two.
Rachyl 18 years ago
The spark that shot through her body at that simple, playful touch was filled with both hot welcoming and sad anguish. Rachyl watched as Meegan slid across the bed and snuggled in.

"Crazy woman," she muttered as she moved closer to Meegan; the bed was so tall, and her arms so short, she almost couldn't reach her friend where she lay.

With tender care, Rachyl leaned over the bed and brushed a few locks of Meegan's hair from her face and mouth. She quickly stripped and pulled a long t-shirt from a drawer nearby, then grabbed a small cup from the bathroom. Filling it with water, she put it on the nightstand closest to Meegan. She carefully tucked the blanket around the taller woman's front, then slid into the bed behind her friend.
Meegan 18 years ago
Hours later Meegan began to stir, a soft moan punctuated the still black of the bedroom. She felt a lump of warmth next to her that was very soft and she turned her head that way and found herself face to face with a sleeping Rachyl.

Her head felt like it was full of tiny elves with metal hammers making metal toys. She moaned again and wondered just what it was that had happened last night. The last thing she remembered was painting a pumpkin at Nyra's. 'Oh God, I hope Rachyl's just in this bed keeping me warm, because that would be so wrong, so very wrong.'

She swallowed against the pain her own voice inside her head had cause and decided a shower and some aspirin was in order. She climbed from the bed and nearly tripped on the night gown she had on. 'Jeez she even dressed me. I was really plastered. Note to self, Meegan must eat when she drinks.'

The shower was blissfully hot and steamy and served to clear her head of the cobwebs if not the pain. She stood there until the water began to cool and then searched the bathroom in her towel and did not find any aspirin. She figured it was in the kitchen as this was the first time she'd needed medication since she's been here. She put the towel around her head and pulled on the think terry robe Aron had given her and padded out into the pitch black of the house. 'It must be nearing dawn. I wonder where Aron is.'

She made it to the kitchen with only stubbing her toe once and turned on the light. The flood of brightness stabbed into her brain and has her cussing with words she didn't even know she knew. She flipped the light back off and went to the stove and turned on it's little light.

She sighed and started searching cabinets, with a soft ah-ha she pulled a bottle of tylenol out of the cabinet and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. She went and stood at the end of the counter where the light wasn't as strong but she could still see to open the pill bottle. She fiddled with the bottle for a moment then swearing set it down on the counter. She'd try again in a moment.

Her hand landed on a single sheet of paper.

"What the hell, Jeeves never leaves paper on the counter."

She took the paper and walked to the stove to read it.

Meegan,

I have been called away on business and I am taking Jeeves with me. I can't explain more than that. I do not know when I will return. Feel free to stay here at the Manor. I will be in touch when I can.

I love you,

Aron.

"What the fuck?" She turned the paper over to see if she was the butt of some joke, then back to the front to read it again. The hang over and tylenol forgotten she ran back to the bedroom, smacking her shin on some object in the hall as she ran.

"Ow! Fuck!"

She flew into the bedroom and turned on the bedside lamp, and shook Rachyl by the shoulder.

"Rachyl, wake up, please it's important." Her voice held an air of panic and she wondered why the hell she was so upset, it was just a business trip, he would be back. Yeah. No that wasn't it at all. She felt deep down that she would never see him again.
Rachyl 18 years ago
She couldn't remember the last time she'd been so comfortable...

The sky above glowed a bright blue, a typical summer's cloudless welkin. A soft breeze danced over the edges of... something out the corner of her eyes. She felt the gentle rocking, and guessed she was lying on a boat or raft of some sort. And her head was rested on something soft. Her face was shaded, though, by something shady and pink behind her, or maybe above her... she tilted her head to look and was almost clobbered in the head by a bottle of water.

"Sorry dear, but you looked thirsty..." The voice was intimately familiar.
"No no, it's okay, I was going to ask for one anyway, you always do have a way of reading my mind."
"Comfy? I can move."
"No no, you're just fine, I don't want to mess up your tan though."
"Why do you think I have the umbrella up?"

She turned fully onto her belly and her cheek contacted a prominent breast... she looked past the rounded swell towards the smiling face. It was different slightly; or rather, the hair framing it was. The long, beautiful strawberry locks were now a short, dark brown bob... It was definately an attractive cut but she felt herself longing for the waterfals of pinkish hair. A lock was blown into her field of vision as she smiled back; she puffed it out in her habitual way, but as it whipped she saw it was a straw blonde. She gathered her knees under her and slowly pushed herself over the nude woman she'd been using as a pillow, and leaned down towards her sparkling, pursed lips...

"Rachyl... please..."

When a wave shook the boat...

Only it wasn't a wave. Her eyes snapped open to Meegan's bedroom... and not even the condo bedroom she'd come to enjoy, but the one in that Mansion.

And the voice came again. "Please it's important."

The dream melted under the frantically panicking worry in that voice, and she turned towards the source.
"Morning. Feeling better? What's wrong?"
Meegan 18 years ago
"Yeah, fine. Here read this." She shoved the paper under Rachyl's nose and shook it slightly. The panic had settled in around her heart and was becoming fear, very quickly. When Rachyl took the paper, she pulled her knees to her chest and put her chin to her knees and began to rock back and forth, fighting the tears that pressed against her throat.

"He...he's gone, Rach...just gone." The tears brimmed and spilled over pale lashes to fall into the plush cloth of her robe.
Rachyl 18 years ago
The letter stated, "I will be in touch when I can." That wasn't too bad, but it also wasn't too promising, Rachyl thought.

She turned to the tightly-curled woman rocking on the bed next to her.
"He's not gone, Meegan, I should think you would know if he were or not. He's just not... present."

Somehow she didn't think her comment would make Meegan feel better, but she also needed to drag out of her friend what she was feeling.

"She never was big on sharing her feelings..."
Meegan 18 years ago
"Oh, Rachyl, it's the same thing. He's not coming back. Can't you feel it when you hold that letter? He's gone and I'm never going to see him again. I don't know how I know, I just...do."

It sounded lame even to her, but her gut had never been wrong before. Her heart ached and her head had begun to thunder again. She uncurled herself and crawled up the bed to lay her head in Rachyl's lap. She needed comfort and the woman was the only person she loved enough to take it from.

"What am I going to do now?"
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl was rather shocked at Meegan crawling into her lap... but she wasn't going to complain.

She also didn't know what to say to Meegan. Didn't know in the slightest. Because she herself was still somewhat dealing with a similar situation...

So she said the first thing that came to mind.
"Take it day to day, love, the same as you usually do. Wake up, shower, live your life." Her hand reached out and slowly stroked through Meegan's unkempt locks. "And remember I'm here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on or throw punches at."
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan curled herself around her friend. She wondered if Rachyl knew what it was like to have someone jerked out of your life, just like that. Still she made sense, one day at a time was all she had. What she wanted to do though was cry until there just weren't any tears, sleep and then cry some more.

"My head hurts and I want to sleep. Maybe I'll feel better after I sleep. Will you stay with me?"

She just didn't think she could bear Rachyl leaving her. She needed the contact and the comfort that came from that contact.
Rachyl 18 years ago
"I'll stay with you," Rachyl said as she looked down at her friend and lay down next to her, "and if there's anything you need, like I said, feel free to avail yourself."

Rachyl wondered what exactly she was offering to Meegan, with that selfless comment, but it was out there, it had always been out there, and it bore repeating.
Meegan 18 years ago
She curled into the warmth her friend offered and drifted into a shallow troubled sleep. Every few hours she would wake with a start, cold sweat beading on her lip and brow, heart beating rapidly, breath quick and shallow. She would search the dark of the room and call out.

Rachyl would sit up and pull her back down to the bed and whisper soothing words to her and the tears would flow and she would drift off to sleep once more.

((ooc Meegan and Rachyl out lock up))