Quitting time (Closed - Attn Drev)

'Shit shit shit...' Serena looked at her watch for the millionth time in the last few minutes. It was already after six and she was desperate to get off and out of there. "Of course tonight of all nights there has to be backup malfunctions and server crashes.." Popping the last tape into a drive and powering it up, she gave a thumbs up to one of the desktop technicians she'd called in to handle the repairs. "Remind me to never volunteer to help anyone out ever again," she muttered to herself as she made her way to her desk and clocked out before shutting down. Grabbing her keys and backpack, she headed for the elevators.

A couple of minutes later she was practically running out of the building. Rena paused once she was outside and took a deep breath of the cool early morning air. She pulled out her cellphone and started making her way towards where she'd parked her bike in the employee parking garage. She dialed Drev's number and mentally crossed her fingers that he hadn't given up while she listened to it ring.

Milazo 18 years ago
Drev was just starting to doubt that Serena was going to call him. He felt a pang of disappointment, and while he wasn't overly familiar with the feeling, he wasn't a stranger to it. He chuckled when he caught himself pulling his cell phone out of his pocket to make sure it was on. He was certainly eager to spend some more time with her, but he couldn't quite explain why he felt faintly nervous. Well, he never did feel totally comfortable in the daylight, but--

His thoughts were cut short by the first few notes of Thunderkiss '65 coming from his pocket. He took the cell phone out, pushed the button...

"Hello?"
Serena 18 years ago
He answered and she froze for a second. A million butterflies seemed to have taken residence in her abdomen and had stolen her ability to speak. If she wasn't so nervous suddenly she would laugh at herself for being so cliche. "God... I've never been good with men, please don't let me screw this up.." Plunking her rear end down on her bike sideways she couldn't help feeling a little giddy as she grinned at the wall across from her before answering with a huskier than normal tone.

Heya Drev.. it's Serena. Annoyed at herself for being as silly as a teenage girl, she gave her head a little shake and she cleared her throat softly. I know I got tied up at work and it's later than I'd said.. are we still on for breakfast?

When he said yeah she grinned so huge her face felt like it would crack. She went over the directions to the Waterfront area and how to find the diner she'd mentioned. After making him repeat them back to double check he'd gotten them down right she said she'd meet him there in 15 and hung up.

Pulling her backpack on and then her helmet, Serena fired up her bike and revved it. Listening to it echo and roar in the nearly empty parking garage was something she usually enjoyed but this morning she was too distracted to even notice as she peeled out and sped off towards the marina.

(( OOC his responses with permission and Serena out ))
Winter 18 years ago
Winter sat on his Bike in the almost empty garage, listening.
Serena
I know I got tied up at work and it's later than I'd said.. are we still on for breakfast?

'Drev, eh? ...heh' he snapped the faceshield shut on his helmet and started his bike after she was out of earshot.. and followed.

"this won't do Rennie..this won't do at all..."

((ooc : entered thread with permission))
((ooc - Winter out, following Serena))