Killing the Rats

((Follows Meeting the D'Antoni Family and Preparing and Arsenal and whatever happens when Ginnie gets to her room. *snerk*))

Ginnie perched on the edge of a rooftop, her feet dangling of the edge, blending well with the shadows in her all black ensemble, she'd chosen a pair of skin tight black jeans, a little black t-shirt that said. I<3 The Bomb Squad in white letters, black combat boots, black kevlar, shoulder holster complete with two modified Browning High Powers, and a black leather jacket. Her hair was stuffed up into a black skull cap. She swung her legs at three men entered the alleyway beneath her, carrying two very large black trunks.

A few moments later two other men and a woman entered from another direction. Humans were such stupid creatures. First they never looked up and second they willingly walk into dark alleyways knowing full well that they can and will meet their death there. Well at least two of them would this night. They were traitors to her organization, selling her out to that Hillman bastard. She watched as the deal went down and a briefcase full of a very large amount of cash was opened and the leader of the first group pulled several stacks out, checking to make sure it was cash and not newspaper or something else.

When he was satisfied he nodded for one of his guys to open the case. She studied her first target as he went about his business. He was a tall guy, built for running, and his wiry body carried him with a sort of unconscious grace. Rats were not the most reliable part of what she did, but they were necessary. They took her guns to the streets. They were the guys that would approach a likely target, you know the ones, the duck their head wipe there nose and ask "Hey you lookin for some heat?"Â? They then closed a deal for a nice two hundred dollar semi-automatic weapon. After which they take ten percent of the take and give the rest to their boss.

That boss then does one of two things, he either takes his own ten percent and then hands the rest to her, or takes his ten and hands it up to his boss, who then takes a cut and gives it to her. She is very careful to never have more than two people between her and the sale. She also never actually visits these rats in person unless they give her a damned good reason. This particular boss and his rats had done just that. Gabriel, who called himself the Angel of Death, fucking moron didn't even know the difference between arch angels. She rolled her eyes and returned to the scene at hand. Gabriel was a short stocky man who kept his body built to a point that was almost too large for his frame. She knew he used steroids to augment his daily weight training. His hair was think, brown and had that body wave that women goo over, but only when it's on someone who is actually sexy, like Jonny Depp.

When the deal was done and the buyer walked away with half a million in small fire arms, she dropped from the one storey rooftop in a silent crouch. Standing, she smoothed her jacket and walked down the alley using the shadow as cover, as Gabriel came around the corner, she stepped from the shadow and stood with her hands on her hips.

"Oh, shit."Â? He took a step back, and his hand went to the gun tucked into his belt. "You fucking scared me lady."Â?

"Yeah, that was kinda the point."Â? She took a step closer and pulled the cap from her head, chestnut curls cascaded around her shoulders and she gave the men a cockeyed grin.

"Cobra?!?! What the fu...uh I mean"Â? He cleared his throat and looked between his two rats, taking his hand from his gun. "What brings you down here?"Â?
She took another step forward and had the pleasure of watching him flinch. "That's a bit complicated, there Gabe. See, I heard this nasty little rumor and I just wanted to get it clarified before I went off half cocked and started killing innocent people."Â?

She watched him swallow reflexively and look briefly at his cronies. He knew exactly what she meant and had heard the same things, but had opted not to act on them, which in her opinion made him guilty by association, but as he was good at his job and hadn't betrayed her directly, he would get to live.

"Heard those too, did you?"Â? Her hand was in her jacket and had a Browning pointed to his head before he could blink again. "I'm going to guess you also heard about what went down last night with the D'Antonis and I'm going to assume you know what has to happen now."Â?

He nodded slowly, and she smiled at him. "See I knew you were smart when I hired you. I just hope that I can trust that this sort of thing won't happen again."Â?

The gun moved only slightly to the left and she put a bullet through the forehead of the tall wiry one, and then aimed it back at Gabriel. His face was contored with the pain of a gun going off in his ear.

He was wondering if he would ever hear out of that ear again when her gun moved again and she shot his best guy, right between the eyes. The gun fire had thundered in his ears and ledt him temporarily deaf.

"Jesus fucking Christ, lady."Â?

Her mouth moved, and the gun was pointed at his head again, but he had no idea what she had said. Then he saw her roll her eyes, and just stood there with the gun pointed at him. Soon his ears began to ring, he clamped his hands to them and did his best not to double over and vomit. He lost the battle. He watched her shoes leap out of the way as a very excellent steak dinner found it's new home on the pavement.

"Ugh, I forgot that happens."Â? He flinched at the sound, it was like she was screaming in his ear. He wiped his mouth on his sleeve and stood up. The ringing starting to subside.

She kept her gun on him, more for show than anything else, and watched as he regained his hearing.

"Feeling better, there sport?"Â?

He just sort of stared at her. She'd just blown away his tow best guys, one of which was a friend, making his ears ring so bad he puked and had the nerve to ask if he was ok. She was one sadistic bitch, that was for damn sure. Finally, he gave her a small nod.

Ginnie put a hand on his shoulder and leaned in close, keeping her face cold, even though the smell of his was beyond revolting.

"Next time you hire lackeys, you make sure they know which side their bread is buttered on. Those two were running guns behind your back, for another man, and they were taking sales to this man. I own this town, Gabe. Never forget that you are a part of this city and who owns you."Â?

He nodded, swallowing against the new surge of bile in his throat. "Yes, ma'am."Â?

She gave his shoulder a conciliatory, mostly condescending pat, and turned away. She walked to the nearest wall and took a standing leap into the air. She grabbed the window ledge set half way up the building and using it scaled up onto the rooftop, leaving the Angel of Death (snort) to vomit in the alleyway.