Replacing the Lace (open, active)

He was a pilgrim in an unholy land.

Alec strode, red as a streetlight, into Victoria's Secret. If there was one place in the world he'd never have expected it to be, this would be it. The place that would be higher on the list was a shop in New Orleans near the former location of Storyville that specialized in women's solo erotic devices. Taking that into consideration, his shade of red dropped to that of boiled crab.

Wincing a bit when a very chipper salesperson greeted him, he blushed some more, waved slightly while cowering away from her a bit, smiled weakly, and skittered toward another random area of the store. Pulling out the tag, he looked at a series of completely meaningless information. Staring around, he walked toward the bra section and started looking for something approximating Ginnie's bra.

Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe was, as was becoming a habit, wandering the streets of Nachton at night. She had decided that if she were going to stay here, she may as well learn the area. She had also persisted in her goal to become a night-owl. How else did one meet vampires?

So, as she wandered the Strip, figuring out what was where and which streets led which way, she was pleasantly surprised to see a familiar figure disappear into one of the shops. Of course, the last time she'd seen him he'd been the chief contributor to her near-naked state in a public place.

Still, Alec had been fun to chat to, so she shamelessly followed him into.... Victoria's Secret?

She chuckled and went on in. The ribbing would be worth it, and if she ended up with a few new items herself, she wouldn't complain.

She'd never seen a man look so.... panicky. He was staring at the selection of bras with an expression somewhat reminiscent of a damsel in distress tied to a railroad track with a steam engine barreling down it.

"Been ripping someone else's clothes off?" she asked mischievously, coming up behind him and gazing at the same wall.

((ooc: Facial expression confirmed by Alec))
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
To his credit, Alec neither wet his pants nor screamed like a little girl when a woman's voice spoke to him from behind. He did, however visibly wince, and step away from the sound of the voice as he turned and saw...Aishe? With the recognition, he grew a bit more comfortable until he realized what she'd said.

Then he turned stoplight red again.

Ah...er...hi Aishe.

Glancing sheepishly back at the wall, he hoped he could avoid the question. Somehow he doubted it.
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe managed to remain solemn when Alec winced and turned red... redder? How cute.

Perhaps it was because their crash at the ball had helped bypass any formalities, but she felt at ease with Alec. Normally she might not be inclined to tease so much unless the object of it were Kem, who could certainly take it as well as he could dish it out once he got to know you... but since their meeting had been the way it was, Aishe was apt to not let an opportunity for minor revenge slip away.

She gave the bra selection a very serious stare.

"Perhaps you're not ripping someone else's clothing off. But if that's the case... now she stepped back, made a little window with her hands, and centered it on Alec's chest. "I'd say a 38 A. You need to work on that. And be careful, some of this lacy stuff is really itchy."
At Aishe's implications, Alec's jaw dropped open and he turned white as a sheet. Then the red came surging back. That'd teach him to be evasive.

Um...yeah. I kind of need to replace something for someone, but...uh...don't know where to start. Hell, I don't even know what this tag means.

Handing the tag to Aishe, he shrugged mentally. He had managed not to panic and run screaming from the building...and she certainly knew more about breasts and bras than he did, so he might as well benefit from her expertise.
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe looked at the tag. "36B," she said. "That's your size. The number indicates the size around the chest and back, and the letter is for the cup size. It's important stuff. The wrong size will net you an uncomfortable underwire or unsightly wrinkles. Very serious business, bra shopping."

She couldn't resist just a bit more teasing.
"I could have sworn when we met at the ball you mentioned you were a recent arrival as well. You're obviously still being more productive than I! Or, at the very least, having far more fun. I'm almost jealous!

"So here, these are your selections... and when you see one you like, you just find the corresponding size in the little drawer beneath the display. Easy, eh?"

((ooc: bra size total conjecture based on speculation by the BreastMaster himself. Please notify if it needs changing!)
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
Amberelle was bored. So she'd come to do the one thing she always enjoyed.. shopping. And there was no place that made a girl feel happier than Victoria's Secret. Well OK, she admitted to herself, there was a few of those "novelty" shops that probably had things to really made you feel good, but that was different.

Standing after having been on all fours trying to find her size in all the colors they had in stock the blonde rocked forward onto the balls of her feet and popped her back. She felt loose and relaxed in the long sleeved pink cashmere turtleneck and chocolate leather pants she'd worn, with matching calf high boots.

With about 20 bras in hand already she pursed her lips and looked over the store to make sure she hadn't missed any. Her eyebrows arched in suprise when she spied a familiar, rather red, face. Cracking a grin she snuck quietly up behind Alec and leaned towards him before speaking.

Hmm.. loose a bet? Or were you needing some warmer undergarments for this weather...?

(( feel free to hear her approach or not ))
Stepping back a bit, Alec waved his arms some.

Whoa there! Not my size, ok?

Chuckling nervously, he thought about the sizing. "Well, I'll have to wing it on the cup size, since I only know ounces and milliliters, not breasts. That sounds about right for her size around her chest, though..." Looking down at his arms, and at his own chest, he did the math quickly. "Yes...36 is right. Huh. Learning all sorts of useful things."

At Aishe's quip about productivity, he grinned, blushing a bit.

Well, you saw how quick I got you out of your clothes, smooth operator that I am. Sigh...I AM really sorry about that, though. Really. The car alarms startled me.

Getting back to the business at hand, he replied,

Ok...36b. In any of these. Jeez...there's a lot here. Um...

Looking around, he tried to pick something out with Ginnie in mind. Blushing, he tried not to picture her naked while standing in public in a lingerie shop with another woman. Bad idea. Trying to be more objective about it, he thought about her house and the frequency of burgundy and the green she had been wearing. It didn't look like they had any with popcorn on them here.

Well, I'm thinking things in green and burgundy, but black and white are always appropriate...

At the sound of Amberelle speaking behind him, he froze. It was like his worst nightmare coming true - now all that needed to happen was for Ellis and Nova to walk in and he'd probably die of embarrassment as all of his worlds collided. Ah, no, Ginnie too, because that would ruin the surprise.

Ah...hi Amberelle...uh...neither. Aishe, Amberelle. Amberelle, Aishe. Oh, and neither, thanks.

Shaking his head, he got back to trying to make the selections.
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe bit her lip, trying not to laugh out loud as another voice chimed in, adding to what must be amazing embarrassment by this point, although she had to admit Alec was taking it like a champ. She turned to see quite a stunningly attractive woman standing there.

When Alec introduced them in his oddly offhanded manner, she held out her hand.

"Hello, Amberelle. I see you've come to bail Alec out, too. I keep telling him he's not going to like it when the lace starts to itch, but he refuses to listen. And I'm fairly certain he needs some padding."
Biting the inside of her lip to keep from laughing out loud at poor Alec, she turned her attention to the exotic beauty he had been talking with. Her amber eyes swept over Aishe, studying her for a moment and she smiled warmly. Taking the hand she had extended, Amberelle shook it firmly, but not too hard.

Her eyes twinkled with mischief as she turned slightly to watch Alec's attempts at lingerie shopping. She nodded at the other woman's suggestions.
Actually I would say he needs to just take the plunge and get a water bra insert. Padding just won't cut it for him. And satin, he doesn't strike me as a lace type of guy.

Non non.. with your coloring you need a cooler color. Maybe a nice blue.. Ruffling through the bras in her hands she pulled out a demi cup ice blue satin one and held it up to Alec's chest. That would look nice.

She tried very hard not to laugh while she waited for his reaction.
Mouth dropping open again, Alec blurted, a little too loudly

I do not need padding!

Realizing that everyone in the store was now looking at him, he turned an amazing shade of red...if this kept up his hair might change, too. Whispering this time, he said

I do not need padding. And why would you want to keep your breasts wet all day? And Augh! What are you doing?!? Gititaway!
[
He waved his hands ineffectually as the two had entirely too much fun. He had died from ultimate pleasure and was now in his Special Hell, reserved for only people who had amazing sex and didn't have the wisdom to shop online.

Still, if he had it all to do over again, he would in a heartbeat. Sobering a bit at that, he smiled a bit.

Sorry...a bit tense...this isn't exactly the kind of shopping I'm used to. It is good to see both of you again, even if the circumstances are more than slightly awkward for me.

Shaking his head slightly, he hoped that manners truly were the armor of the gentleman. He'd be finding out, directly.
Aishe 18 years ago
As Amberelle held up one of her selections to Alec's chest, Aishe simply couldn't hold back the giggles. When the already flustered Alec responded by drawing the attention of every other shopper in the store, and quite possibly a few passers-by on the street as well, she knew that trying not to laugh was a hopeless pipe-dream. Still, she didn't want to completely hurt his feelings. So she contended herself with a bit of well-meant placation.

"And that's what friends are for," she advised. "To help you get over the awkwardness.

Feeling that that was charitable enough for someone who had very nearly taken off her entire costume and not just half, she added,
"It's the modern day, after all. Men should be able to buy themselves lingerie without feeling constrained to society's definition of manliness, after all."

Aishe regarded the selection in question herself, and plucked out a lacy bra in a sea green color, in her own size.
"I'm partial to green myself. Maybe I'll do a bit of shopping, too. It seems to be one of the only things I can do here to keep my mind off of more serious matters. That and get lost."

The last bit was said with her usual bright smile, so that neither Alec nor Amberelle would feel that getting lost was a problem for her. She rather liked figuring out the city so far, and had been here enough that the Strip hardly counted as 'lost' anymore.
At his rather loud and unexpected outburst, Amby drew her hand back quickly. Looking rather suprised at his reaction she lost the battle and a burst of laughter escaped before she quickly recovered and clamped her lips closed. The blonde's shoulders shook with the effort to maintain her silence, and she pressed the offending bra to her face as she muffled her snickers with it and her hand.

Shaking her head with a sigh, she leaned over and gave Alec a quick hug, patting his back. Looking a little appologetic, but only a little, she looked up through her lashes towards him and gave him a pouty look.

Forgive me?

Looking at the bit of lace Aishe had chosen she nodded, approving the selection. Oui. That color would look really good against your skin. They have some of the cutest boy short panties on that rack over there, and they're on sale even. I think there's some in that color too.

The blonde smiled at the human as she joked about being lost. I have to say, having only been here a few months now myself that if it wasn't for the GPS in my car I would have been lost a ton of times.

(( OOC hug with permission! ))
Grumbling, knowing Aishe was right with the friends comment, he nodded weakly. He'd probably ripped on someone in his unremembered mortal days for something similar. Of course, he couldn't remember, and he hadn't since his turning, so...hard to say if he was guilty of that or not. Sometimes there is just no winning.

Surprised at the quick hug from Amberelle, Alec's back stiffened. When she asked for forgiveness, he tried to play off his surprise by reversing on Aishe.

How could I stay mad at the only woman poking fun of me that I've not undressed in public?

Looking at Aishe's selection, he liked it - it was somewhat similar to the one Ginnie had, but not quite as transparent...

Hm...that'd look pretty good on you. Huh...do they have it in a darker green or a burgundy?

Looking, he found it in a pleasant emerald that would really bring out her eyes. Blushing a bit, he selected the proper size and pretended like nothing had just happened and it was the most normal thing in the world to do.
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe looked at Alec's own selection with a speculative eye. "I do love dark green," she admitted, relieving him of the bra and adding it to her other.

"Now, if you're replacing something for someone, that implies that you might indeed have ripped it off her. Have you considered getting her something cute and fun to make up for it? We women can be very attached to our lingerie."

Taking Alec's shoulder, she gently turned him and pointed out some of the more risque shifts, panties, and matching accessories.

"articularly if you planning on ripping any more of it off," she advised sagely, "You might want to have a few pieces handy for backups, or apologies!"

((ooc: permission to steer the man toward more interesting seas!))
Oooooo.. this is for a particular amoureaux? Interesting... Amberelle grinned at Alec. You dog! You haven't been in town long at all and you have yourself a lady friend who you're ripping nice lingerie off of?! I am impressed.

Tapping a manicured nail against her chin with a soft 'hmmm' she studied the offerings in the direction AIshe had turned him. There were some real gems there. It almost made her wish she had someone special to wear something like that for.. Snapping out of it, she started walking towards the suggested garments.

Tell us about your cheri. What does she like, look like.. what color is her hair? Dumping all of her previous selections on the counter, Amberelle began to pick up a few sexier pieces in greens and reds while she waited for his reply.
The blush was permanently in place. He really should take this into account and do some extra feeding - he stayed red enough that it was a wonder he could actually power movement due to the lack of blood reserved for his musculature. Sighing, Alec replied

Yes, I'd taken that into consideration. And yes...I was figuring this might be a bulk run...I'm a bit of an optimist, I guess.

Turning to Amberelle as she asked, Alec found that the response was...comfortable. It was the first time he hadn't felt like blushing all night.

Well, she's tallish - my height. Quite slender, but muscled...wiry I suppose, with soft, milky skin and these emerald green eyes that you just get lost in. Long, delicate hands, dark, silky brown hair with a bit of a curl to it...a lovely smattering of freckles across her nose and cheeks that increase in rarity as you travel down her face...ah. Sorry...um. Did you have anything specific you needed to know? I think you might have seen her at the ball - we were together most of the night?

Having been watching the wall while he waxed poetic about Ginnie, he pulled down a matching top and bottom in burgundy, a satin bra, one in black, one in greed with the clasp in *front*, and a teddy in green.
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe felt her smile growing as Alec told them about his girlfriend. When he mentioned the ball, she thought about it, and immediately recognized the description of Ginnie. From Alec's tone of voice, he was quite taken with her. Perhaps she was just more sensitive to that sort of thing right now, but she found herself with a somewhat bittersweet-longing feeling.

Looking at what he'd pulled out, she nodded her approval.
"I remember. Ginnie, right? She seemed very nice. And it looks like you're getting the hang of it already! Those would all look fantastic on her."

Feeling a bit more confident now that Alec seemed to be getting his sea legs, she paid a bit more attention to the choice of frilly things herself, casting a critical eye upon any that struck her fancy.
Listening as Alec described his woman, the blonde smiled. His affection for her just shone out of him. Nodding softly, she held out the selections she'd made for him to look over.

This Ginnie.. she sounds beautiful. And obviously very special.. makes me wish I had seen you two at the ball. Ahh well.. But, I'd keep her a secret from Nova for a while if I was you. No telling how much grief she will give you over this! The blonde winked at her friend when she said it. While that statement was probably true, she couldn't know for sure. But somehow she had a feeling the redhead would enjoy a chance to tease Alec mercilessly.

You seem to be on the right track alright. Take a look at these as well. I'm going to try a couple things on real quick. Maybe you can give me a male's opinion of how they look.. The blonde gave him a huge grin, hoping to make him blush at the idea.
Smiling at Aishe's recognition, acknowledgement, positive attitude and finally encouragement, Alec was bolstered. She didn't seem to be the type to give false encouragement - that really helped his confidence, and he looked hard at the wall again for something else. When Amberelle chimed in, Alec nodded in agreement.

Kind of like a certain Aishe and a certain Amberelle. I suppose we could consider this the warmup round for my inevitable ribbing from Nova and Jan.

At Amberelle's mention of modeling her purchases, Alec flushed and put his hands up.

Ah...er...sure. Let me go grab that guy on the street really quick to help you out, okay? No offense or anything, but my self preservation instinct wouldn't allow it...with the way my luck has been swinging back and forth these last few months, she'd walk in right then, the salesperson would tell her that I am a crossdresser, you'd trip and fall on me and she'd think you were making out with me before she killed me, and that might make her sad after the anger passed, and I'd feel rotten about making her sad. See?
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe had to laugh again at Alec's assessment of his own bad luck. She couldn't refute it after their collision at the ball, and it seemed wisest to her to simply let it go. She'd given him enough grief for a night, she figured.

"I'm going to pass on trying these on. I know they'll fit," she said with a shrug. Ever the pratical shopper! "It was lovely to meet you, Amberelle. And nice to bump into you again Alec, good luck! And tell Ginnie I said hello?"

With that, she bid the two farewell and went to the counter with her purchases, preparing to hit the streets for one last round of finding her wya through Nachton.

((ooc: Aishe out pending responses!))