Mingling

Talon made one circut of the room before hitting the bar, he didn't see many people he knew..

Talon walked up to the bar and produced a gigantic drinking horn he had just removed from his belt.
"fill this with your strongest Ale, or even better Mead" he said, not really expecting them to have either..

his drinking horn now full he took a nice long pull from it and started wandering..

Mai 18 years ago
Mai wandered back inside holding the red silk sleeves over her ears and frowning with a pained expression. Bumping into several people as she passed through the crowd, the tiny woman managed to make it to the bar and the familiar sight of the gigantic blonde Anantya.

"Kuma-san"

Smiling up at him, Mai then gave him a short bow in greeting. Some of the alarms had quieted and it was enough to allow her to let down her hands. Taking note of the room and the confusion the noise cause, Mai shook her head.

"I do not remember these events being so loud the last time."

It all depended on the century of course and the place. She felt her own country's manner of celebration was far more dignified than this loud noisy spectacle but she had been to other countries which would call this tame.

Thaddeus and Alfarinn, she noted, were on the dance floor. Her senses found her fellow Asian huntsman off to one side at a table and Mai could not help but smile at the spear that pierced the wood. She wondered if the display was one of territorial marking or to impress his new familiar; either way it was likely to have been affective.

Looking back up at the huntsman before her, Mai tilted her head.

"You have been away. Have you been hunting?"

((OOC: Actually they have mead. There is a lot of Scandinavian influence here thanks to Meridian's presence. So you're in luck! ))
Talon 18 years ago
Talon took another draw from his drinking horn and smiled 'who would have thought they'd have mead?' he thought 'must be my lucky day'

he heard Mai's voice, he turned but didn't see her until she spoke again.

Mai
"I do not remember these events being so loud the last time."

he looked down and saw her in her beautiful japenese garments, momentarily stunned by just how precious and fragile she looked. 'now thats what I call a wolf in sheeps clothing' he thought, his smile widening even further, he had missed her.

Mai

"You have been away. Have you been hunting?"

"it's good to see you again Half-Pint, been keeping everyone on their toes?" he gave her a wink.
"oh that? yeah, an old friend needed my brand of help, but I'm back now"

"how have you been? Chryseis has recovered?"

he said and his eyes scanned the crowd once again, before turning his attention back to the elder.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai gave Talon a big grin at the thought of keeping people on their toes. Everything had been reasonably calm since their display in the Cathedral.

"Iie, It has been very quiet, much need of a reminder, ne?"

Mai nodded her head at the need for help and understood just what was likely to have taken place.

She looked thoughtful for a moment and then nodded over to Chryseis in a corner with some man who's features held some similarity to the woman's own. Mai guessed he was also Greek or Roman. Sometimes it was hard to keep those straight.

Shrugging slightly, she said.

"I do not know. Chryseis keeps her own council. "

It had been a lucky thing that her dogs had made such a fuss or Mai would not have thought to go after the woman.

"Come let us go speak Cyrus-san. I believe he might be causing the servants some distress."

Mai made her way through the crowd much more easily this time. She did not look back to see if Talon followed but people were likely to make way more readily for a giant Norseman than they were a tiny Asian woman. She smiled to herself; one is the danger you know and one is the danger you do not.

((OOC: Mai out and moving to Table for the Drinkers ))
Talon 18 years ago
Talon gave Mai a nod and followed after his elder
'wonder if Cyrus is more comfortable in his human skin than the last time i saw him' he silently pondered while making his way through the crowd.

((ooc: out to the Table for drinkers))