Table for the drinkers! (attn: At the Bar participants)

The table had been recently vacated by a guy wearing a green leisure suit. As Cyrus and Suki came up to it, a waiter was swiftly cleaning up the dishes that remained. After helping his familiar maneuver her hoops to allow sitting, Cyrus turned to the waiter before he could bustle off.

"We had an order for appetizers and a dinner for the lady to be delivered to the bar. Please make sure it gets put here. Oh and add a plate of very rare beef for me." Watching the waiter scurry off, Cyrus plucked the strawberry off of his spear. Taking a bite he offered the other half to Suki who nibbled it delicately.

After looking around for a moment for some place to stand his spear he was greatly annoyed to find none. The chairs just fell over at its weight, the table was too round to hold it lenght-wise. Finally checking to verify that the cloth covered table was wood, Cyrus had an evil idea. Gripping it firmly he flipped it upside down, spearhead pointing toward the floor. With a mighty lunge, he planted the spear deep into the center of the table, at a perfect 90 degree angle. The razor sharp point had completely dug into the wood, the spikes on four sides were the only thing that prevented it from continuing through the table completely. The wooden shaft stood straight and tall with barely a vibration left from the force used.

Smirking happily at their new centerpiece, Cyrus sat down. Now Amberelle and Darius couldn't miss them.

Suki Langston 18 years ago
Somehow Cyrus knew how to help her become seated amid an array of hoops and skirts. She refused to ponder it too deeply and instead made herself as comfortable as possible.

With a smile at his thoughtfulness in directing the waiter to bring their food, Suki found herself happy. Knowing that she was instramental in his life was a thrill, hopefully she could still have her own life as well.

When he moved so swiftly, planting the spear into the table, it was all she could do not to scream. It was like realizing your sweet house cat was really a man eating lion, well leopard in this case. She could not move due to the skirts so she just blinked rapidly trying to chase the frightened look off her face.

The most disturbing thing had been the silence in which he had moved with. No shouting as her classes all did with lunge moves or intricate attacks. The strength and casualness disturbed her. Greatly.

Just what had she gotten herself into?

With a tentative hand she fussed with the small wrist bag, fumbling for her compact. She casually dabbed the puff at her cheeks, working frantically to calm down an appear normal.
Apollyon 18 years ago
Apollyon watched Cyrus jam his spear in what had to be one expensive table. Coupled with the debacle of the fruit, Apollyon fell into a fit of laughter, maybe it was the alcohol partially, but hey, how many time do you get to see someone thrust his spear into a table at a "formal" Ball?

"Lord, you really know how to flag someone down don't ya" he said to Cyrus who had just helped his lovely Suki to her seat before he made a weapon rack of the table. Apollyon took a seat at the table and smiled at the waiter who brought him his drinks.
Cyrus 18 years ago
With a short laugh and evil grin, Cyrus nodded to Darius. "Be thankfull I didnt set up a pile of decapatated heads for a spear stand instead. Though this means I will need to resharpen the blasted thing. Which is pretty hard to do as those points are just as sharp and cut every time you get near them."

Thinking about other members of Anantya he shrugged and took his seat. "I am sure several family members would not be pleased with my display but I think its may appeal to a few."

Briefly Cyrus wondered what Mai would think, then he wondered if she was even in attendance. Scanning the crowd for the elder. After craning his head around and around, he gave up. Twice he thought he spotted her, but each proved false. Growling in disgust, he tore off his helm. With a casual flip and gentle guidance the helm landed atop the spear where it rattled for a moment before becoming still. Perfect.
Apollyon 18 years ago
Apollyon looked about his surroundings and replied " I believe the Heads would be a little more fung shui. I brought My sword, but at last minute i decided against bringing it in, and left it in the trunk.I thought with no one here knowing me yet, coming in here armed might have been a bad idea." He chuckled

he noticed Cyrus was a little aggravated and watched him throw his helm onto the top of the spear with an unconscious gesture.

trying to not act impressed apollyon asked
"Something wrong?"
Cyrus 18 years ago
"Severed heads always add a certain atmosphere. Of course you also need huge bonfires for the subsequent corpses but perfect for ambiance."

Cyrus arched a brow and scrubbed his hand through his hair. Damn he had helmet hair now. "I prefer to be armed. At all times. Though this is probably the first time in years I have been out to a public event with noticable weapons. Feels good."

Continuing to look around, Cyrus spotted Talon which was odd as he had not seen him in quite a whle. Maybe the dog would come visit a bit. Though the thought of sneezing brought a snarl to his lips. "I was hoping to spot Mai if she is here. She is, well, amazing."

Nodding towards the towering giant. "Thats Talon. Cant miss him, thats for sure. He's one of ours." As Cyrus watched, the giant turned and revealed who his companion was. "He's with Mai. Wonder how to get their attention to invite them over. Though I think hanging a big 'Order of the Hunt' flag from my helm may be a bit overblown."
Apollyon 18 years ago
Apollyon listened attentively to Cyrus and his eyes moved to his clan members that he pointed out to him. he eyed the one called "Talon".He was a man like himself, a tall man with a powerful frame, but Talon seemed even a couple of inches taller than himself.his Attention turned to the Anantya elder, He had heard of her over the years.

"Well I have an idea," Apollyon replied," although I would certainly wouldn't object to your flag, but i think this would require less effort"

A waiter stopped in his stride as he seen a huge spear embedded in one of the tables he would have to clean later.

"Excuse me Sir", Apollyon called to the waiter. He pointed to the pair Cyrus showed him. "if you would please send those two over there and invitation to our table here, I would be grateful."

The waiter nodded, still looking incredulously at the spear in the ruined table. He walked off in the direction of the two, saying "fucking freak shows" under his breath.

"These are some damn good waiters tonight " Apollyon smiled as he raised a wineglass half way and took a long sip from the glass
Cyrus 18 years ago
"Brilliant! I like you Darius. You're brilliant." Shaking his head in disbelief. Never even occured to him to send the cattle to invite Mai over. Generally they were unreliable unless closely supervised or extraordinary, like Suki.

Cyrus had heard the waiters comment and seen the look. Rather than salute the meal on wheels like his clanmate he snarled at the retreating back. Aloud he pondered.
"Maybe they are after dinner treats?"
Apollyon 18 years ago
Immediately after He dispatched the waiter he heard him mutter under his breath. Apollyon's fist tightened, and his chest became a little tight.After a Moment of deep breathing he released it. Then some sort of a red fruit rolled to his feet. as he moved his eyes downward, he noticed it was a tomato. thought of chucking the fragile fruit at the back of the waiter's head went thru his mind but he dismissed it,first impressions were important, especially here. He couldn't afford to be a total jackass just yet.Instead he gave a shrug and picked it up and rubbed it for a moment. He grabbed a dagger that was hidden inside his right wristband and sliced the tomato down the middle and ate one of the hemispheres of the fruit.chewing on it for a moment, he savored the taste, He loved tomatoes. Swallowing it down he ate the second half of the fruit. His eyes moved upward now to see the one named "Mai" the other called "Talon" on their way to the table,Taking a Long sip from his scotch glass he rose to his feet to greet them.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai had walked toward a waiter heading in their general direction muttering something about certain table manners that suggested he disapproved greatly of her clansmen; no doubt he was not aware that he was within her hearing.

She smiled sweetly at him and nodded her head at the invitation. Turning her white gaze towards the table where the others sat, it seemed her foot made a most unfortunate connection with the waiter's ankle. The movement was minor on her part and she doubted many caught it, possibly not even the waiter himself though he might suspect, but who was really going to accuse a sweet young Asian woman of doing such a thing? Besides he was too busy straightening his clothes and collecting the tray which had been, luckily for him, quite empty at the moment.

Coming up to the table, She smiled at Cyrus and his friends.

"Konbanwa Cyrus-san. O genki desu ka?"

She would wait for introductions before introducing the man behind her and finding a seat.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Rising to his feet, Cyrus bowed deeply to the elder. "Goodevening Honored Elder Asahi Mai."

Introducing his companions to her. "This gentleman in need of a can opener is Darius Sarimir. While this lovely young woman is Suki, my assistant."

"I greatly enjoyed watching the waiter pick himself up off the floor. Though I believe he deserves much more than just embarassment. Rather rude for help." Cyrus pulled out a seat for Mai while he complimented her skills.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai bowed to Cyrus with a smile and then turned her gaze towards the man that was introduced to her.

With a bow in his direction, she said.

"Yoroshiku onegaishimasu, Sarimir-san."

She nodded to the girl in the large dress.

"Konbanwa Suki-chan."

Turning to the tall blonde behind her, she said.

"This is Talon-san."

Mai accepted the seat and then looked up at Cyrus thoughtfully.

"One who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger, Cyrus-san. He is a foolish man and beneath your concern."

She smiled at him and gently placed her hand on his arm.

"They fear what they do not understand and deserve pity as prey do for being too frightened to stand firmly in a world of hunters. It is their place and we have ours. We shall always frighten them as they can sense our nature in some part of their soul."

It was part of the reason she did not understand associating with humans; they were all prey to her and though some were more interesting than others, they were still a different species. She wondered if Suki found Cyrus compelling or frightening and her guess would be both.

((OOC: just in case no one wanted to look it up. She said "pleased to meet you" more or less and in the previous response she said "how are you." ))
Talon 18 years ago
Talon followed behind Mai and watched when she caused the waiter to take a nose dive onto the floor.

"Heh Dumbass"

Talon reached down a grabbed his belt with one hand and pulled the mortal off the floor a few feet then dropped him standing upright and gave him a snarl to shoo him away.
"Can't find good help these days" he said with a smirk while closing the last few feet to the table.

he nodded in silent agreement with Mai, offered Cyrus a nod in greeting..
he turned to Suki and a big grin cracked across his face
"Love the dress"
and gave her a sly wink.

"And who's this" he said turning to look at Apollyon..

but offered the man his hand nevertheless.
Apollyon 18 years ago
Apollyon laughed on the inside at the waiter as he tripped, beaming a half smile. He bowed to Mai, showing his elder respect. it took a minute to understand her words, having not used his eastern languages in almost nine hundred years. He thought about trying to respond in cantonese, but decided not to risk looking like an idiot, endeavoring to speak with a language he was rusty at.

"An honor" he said his head still bowed. Raising his head his eyes met the Norseman's. Well almost, He had to tilt his chin up a little.Apollyon liked guys his size and larger, he felt a sort of kinship with them.He took Talon's hand in a handshake

"I am Darius Jesu Sarimir, Also known as Apollyon. Pleased to meet you, cousin."

he looked to the man's drinking horn and smiled.

"Ah, a man after my own heart." he raised his glass of scotch to him and said "Cheers"