Board changes - Post with issues or questions

You'll have no doubt noticed that SA.COM has kinda new, kinda not the same look. We have successfully made the transition to VBulletin, thanks to Vex our TAC Admin and SA Technical Admin.

Everything should be as it was before, but if you used the ACCOUNT SWITCH, you'll have to reset you PID's again. Thankfully Vex wrote a much easier script just for that purpose. Log into your character, set your PID (make sure it matches your other characters) and viola...that's it.

If you are not seeing the old posts, make sure your USERCP/OPTIONS Display is set to 'beginning'.

If you cannot get your avatar to work or signature, that's probably because I didn't set it yet. It's late and I'm sick. =(

Everyone should be in the SA Member usergroup. New registered users without their bio's approved can still only post in Downtown Traffic and City Gates. So if you have a problem, you should be able to post them here. If not, find one of us on IM's or post on on the TAC board. www.theangrycrayon.com/forum

No posts should be lost and you'll notice that we rearranged a little with the subforum ability. Hopefully making it a little easier to navigate and unnecessary to scroll so far down. Any questions, suggestions, thoughts or problems, feel free to post. Thank you.

(roz)

UPDATE YOUR CHARACTER BIO LINKS !

Vex 18 years ago
User Titles may be set in your control panel. Usergroup specific titles will also be listed.
Connie 18 years ago
I tried setting PIDs but it won't complete the account switch, it just keeps saying "processing login"

And the red-letters-on-grey-background of the forum menus and options pages is really difficult to read.

Other than that, it looks great, and I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly!
Vex 18 years ago
Connie
I tried setting PIDs but it won't complete the account switch, it just keeps saying "processing login"

And the red-letters-on-grey-background of the forum menus and options pages is really difficult to read.

Other than that, it looks great, and I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly!

Fixed the red on dark gray

can you try the accountswitch now?
Shay 18 years ago
I just did the account switch, and even though it kept saying 'processing', it worked. I just did all three characters, then logged back in, and it worked. It's just different though because you need to use the Account Switch link for a button to pop up and see the other accounts.

How sad though...If a character doesn't belong to a clan, they can no longer read what goes on there? That was such fun...:*(
Vex 18 years ago
Still kinda in the middle of doing permissions. They were kinda sorta all fubared to hell and back *coughs* And so i had to disable everything and go back thru and re-enable. I'll set it up now so its proper.

In all of VB's amazing features... their forum permission utility is total ass.
Shay 18 years ago
OH! So we will eventually be able to see the clans again? Cool !

BTW -- I have to say...I'm amazed things went so smoothly...at least from this side. A change this big (or seemingly so) accomplished overnight...incredible!
Vex 18 years ago
Let me know if you can view the clan forums, see if you can post, if you can, I need to review the permissions.
Shay 18 years ago
Nope - not yet...just the Title...nothing shows up inside.

Also...any saved messages we had under the old style...are gone, yes?
I don't see a Saved folder anywhere
Vex 18 years ago
Shalimar O Mannon
Nope - not yet...just the Title...nothing shows up inside.

Also...any saved messages we had under the old style...are gone, yes?
I don't see a Saved folder anywhere

saved messages? you mean PMs ?
Fallon 18 years ago
Sorry - yes :S
Vex 18 years ago
they should all be there. Let me check

mine are here, yours are in the database
Shay 18 years ago
I have 23 messages in my SENT folder...but no SAVE folder, except for the one I just set up. I know the PMs in my SAVE folder did not include all the ones I now see in my SENT folder...though they may be mixed in...

It's not a big deal...just a little bit of getting used to
Shay 18 years ago
Ok -- going back to bed now. My account switch just stopped working --
I think I need to quit bugging you
Vex 18 years ago
mine did too, trying to fix it now
Alfarinn 18 years ago
You weren't supposed to see all the clan things on the old forum and should have been only able to view their residences. If you were seeing more than that... it was not working as intended.
Vex 18 years ago
AccountSwitch fixed... i think
Mathias 18 years ago
Alfarinn
If you were seeing more than that... it was not working as intended.

Can we call you Smedley now?
Connie 18 years ago
Switching works.

The colors for Nosebleed are better, but still troublesome. I'm not going to pester you about this because it would require a lot of back-and-forth that's just not needed. I'll just highlight things

Ad-Infinitum's forum titles and names are very hard to read with the medium grey background. Again, I can highlight.

And is there a way to make the birthdate fields under Profile take numbers earlier than 1900? *bats eyelashes*
Vex 18 years ago
Connie
And is there a way to make the birthdate fields under Profile take numbers earlier than 1900? *bats eyelashes*

not unless you happen to know php to code it =) I am far too exhausted to sift through tons more code to change a couple numbers hehe

edit : you can now do your Character birthday in an extra field under usercp > edit profile

not sure where in nosebleed you're having issues reading things. Perhaps your gamma is wack?
Connie 18 years ago
Vex

not sure where in nosebleed you're having issues reading things. Perhaps your gamma is wack?

Gamma is fine, brand new monitor.
It's Ad Infinitum that I'm having trouble with. S'ok, it's not you, and it's not my hardware, it's me.