The Tacharan's

Ellis took a bite of the hor's d'oeuvres being offered that night. The potatoes with crab meat made her roll her eyes in ecstasy. With her mouth full, 'Dear god, have you tried this?' She asked Simon, reaching for another off of a passing waiter, 'Sweetie you gotta try this.'

Above everything else, Ellis just loved being devious, but the next closest thing was food. She enjoyed food. She was so happy that by gaining her vampiric pleasures, she did not loose any of her human pleasures. Her dress fought against her but she nonetheless took another potato.

'I wonder who else has shown up tonight. I'm sure Alfarinn is here. He wouldn't miss this. I do hope the dear stops by and says hello.' She grinned and took a drink from her champagne flute.

Carol 18 years ago
'Ellis.' Carol called out when she saw her mistress enjoying a mouthful of something. 'My, that looks yummy,' she said with a laugh when Simon stepped into view next to Ellis. Her mistress was too preoccupied to notice Carol's blush or Simon's quick wink at her secretary.

'Simon.' She smiled. 'Very handsome, that authentic?' She tapped the metal breast plate. 'That can't be comfortable,' she grinned, wondering what he'd look like out of it. Again she blushed at the thought and snagged a flute of alcohol passing by.
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
He looked down at Carol and gave her a wink. He shifted the breast plate a little and made a face, 'Yes it's real and I can't believe I wore this.' He reached out and took Carol's hand, turning her about. He spied the soft pale skin on her back and her creamy shoulders.

'Very beautiful, Carol. You look like an angel.' Simon held onto her hand a little longer than he probably should and remembered Ellis was chomping down on food next to him. So far nothing out of the ordinary had occured, but he wasn't going to press his luck. He stepped back and averted his eyes to around the room and found it difficult not to look back. She did look beautiful in the lavender dress. Such a contrast to Ellis' blood red vamp gown. They were so different, but both a little crazy.

He wondered why he found crazy attractive.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
'Darling, darling, darling! You look delicious. So delicate. Where are you hiding your butcher knife?' Ellis grinned and grabbed another potato. 'Try the food, go on, they've out done themselves with this one. We have to find out who the caterer is and kidnap his family and make him work for us!' Ellis clapped and gave Carol a quick kiss on her cheek, her hand lingering on her soft creamy shoulder.

'Absolutely delish!' She looked around again. 'We'll have to mingle, find us some Evenhet and Anantya to terrorize. It'll be fun!'
Jan 18 years ago
Jan had stopped looking at the floor when he entered the ball, he'd look like he was enjoying this if it killed him. So with a false smile that was close to gritting his teeth, he looked around. Simon and Ellis had arrived with Carol not far behind them.

Taking Nova by the hand, he drug his sister over to what seems to have become the Tacharan table.

Looking at Simon's outfit made him feel better about his own. The tights might look silly for the times but at least they were comfortable. Pulling out and seat and slouching down into it, He raised an eyebrow at Ellis.

"Enjoying that are we?"

Catching the last statement about finding some of the other clans to terrorize Jan grinned in anticipation.

"Have anything special in mind?"

((OOC: Dragging Nova with permission))
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
'Jan, stop staring. Try one.' She handed Jan a potato and sighed. 'Well I'd be all for killing someone or something, but I'm sure Simon would object,' she rolled her eyes and smiled.

She fidgeted with the ribbing of her dress,
'What have you two been up to?'
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Simon put his hand on Jan's shoulder and gave him a soft sqeeze. 'My little trouble maker.' He reached over and gave Nova a kiss on her cheek. 'Let's try to make it through the evening without having Carol call the Mercs to clean up. Really, this outfit isn't as comfortable as it might look.'

Simon looked over at Carol who was sitting quietly, looking around the room. She was being so quiet, it worried him. She was usually boisterous, loud and obnoxious, all things he loved about her, but she seemed so preoccupied as of late. He decided to ask her.

'Carol,' She turned and looked at him with startled eyes. He leaned in closer and whispered, 'Is everything alright?'
Carol 18 years ago
Simon broke her out of her reverie. She had just been thinking about him. It had taken everything to just pull her eyes away from him and Ellis. This was awkward and she desperately wanted to find a way to avoid a situation but him asking what was wrong didn't help.

'Oh, pfft, nothing. Just looking at all the outfits. Some tacky shit out there,' she snorted, trying to ack like her old self. Simon was looking at her with those sad hazel eyes. How had she not noticed them before? She turned and looked over at Nova.

'Nova, you look fabulous! I should've came in the outfit I wore to HoP the other night. This room needs more tits, I think.'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova just shook her head at Jan, feigning gravity.

"I'll concede to the good legs argument but man...that's some hat. That's all I'm saying."Â?

She lit up at the sight of other Tacharans, glad to see the friendly faces in the sea of strange people. Sounded like Ellis was game for trouble tonight; this outing could prove quite well worth it. Wanting to assure Simon, she leaned in and gave him a little pat on the knee.

"Don't worry, I wanna preserve my vintage tee shirt and classic shoes; I'll try and keep outta fights."Â?

Grinning at Ellis, she rested her elbows on the back of her chair.

"Oh, the usual. Working on getting the lab back in order, enjoying the city...terrorizing reporters."Â?

She snorted at Carol's remark, unsure if she was being serious or not but deciding to accept the compliment anyway. She was pretty dressed down for the event but perfectly comfortable as she was and felt that at least everyone would know when she was turned.

In fact, she might have been wearing this tee shirt on her big day...hard to remember, she had so many.

"And you, as always, look gorgeous."Â?

Looking around at the crowd, some of whom had really hammed it up this evening, she turned back to Carol with a grin.

"Well I dunno Carol...I think we might have enough boobs in here as it is."Â?
Mathias 18 years ago
Shay was intently talking to some of the other party goers, so Mathias gave her a quick kiss and made his way over. Bowing deeply to Ellis and Carol, he kissed each of their hands in turn. "Ladies,your beauty does this party greater favor than it deserves."

He turned to Simon and extended his hand.
" A honor as always Simon" Mathias meant his words - in retrospect he had been too abrupt with Simon at the House of Pain. However,men like themselves do not worry about regret - Act as you should and move on.

Noticing the two others here,he acknowledged them but waited for introductions to be made - it would be rude to presume upon Simon or Ellis.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis smiled at Mathias as he approached them. She held out her hand and Carol did the same. 'Meet some other Tacharans. These are Simon's children, Nova and Jan. Beware, they are frisky.' Ellis winked and finished her drink.
Carol 18 years ago
'Mathias,' Carol gave him a nod and let him kiss her hand. She continued with her gaze about the room as Ellis introduced the others. She considered getting up and mingling. She might in a few minutes, depending on how much longer Simon continued to try and get her to answer his questions.
Mathias 18 years ago
"Nova,Jan - always a pleasure to meet family." Eschewing formality he nodded to both of them, not as a slight but in deference to Carol and Ellis,who were arguably the alpha and beta females tonight. Without Shay around to prompt him,Mathias found himself slipping into old habits and not speaking,merely observing the environment.

"Ellis, I ran into Alfarinn tonight, with a Thaddeus Grey - that one was unfamiliar to me,perhaps he is Alfarinn's familiar? " One could never know, and Mathias tried to not make any dangerous assumption..but base his conclusions on observed fact.
Jan 18 years ago
Jan took the potato from Ellis and pronounced it good. "Tasty. You should try one, Nova, though I'd ask Ellis first. I hear she bites. "

He pulled a mock pout at Simon for asking them not to cause too much trouble but then smiled at his vampiric father.

"So that would be a no to slingshotting strawberries in the intricate hairstyles out there that took hours to get just perfect? Come on you know it would be fun."

Looking at Simon's breastplate, he raised an eyebrow "Really? I would have never guessed. I've got to hand it to the tights, they may look silly but they are really quite comfortable."

Carol seemed quiet but then she piped up with a sarcastic remark and seemed more like herself than before.

"Yep, Nova dressed up for the occasion that's her best tee shirt. I wish I could have worn the same."

He looked up when the stranger came over and for a moment, what with the bowing and formal manners and such, he thought an Anantya had come to the wrong table. Jan looked up when Ellis introduced him and gave a little wave.

"Evening."

Family, eh. This one was Tacharan? The family just kept getting stranger and stranger. Who will someone bite next Margaret Thatcher? Jan kept his thoughts to himself though and simply listened perhaps Mr.Formal was a hellraiser in disguise. It was known to happen.

((OOC: I'm sure Jan will behave better later, he's a bit cranky at the moment ))
Addison 18 years ago
Back in the Domicile:

Addison frowned as he looked himself over in the mirror while getting dressed. How he had let his friend from home decide on what to wear was beyond him. The girl had crazy tastes and if he'd known she would send him....this...he wouldn't have mentioned his lack of costume. As it was, it was too late to find something different. Addison did up the front of the geisha costume and started wrapping the waist band around, eying the directions carefully. It was...complicated. But soon the red colored robe, decorated in cherry blossom type flowers with it's complicated waist wrap was on. At least the band was wide enough so that his figure didn't look completely effeminate and ...well, girly (for the lack of a better term). He still was taking Christine off of his yule card list for this.

Tugging on the socks before slipping his feet into the wooden sandals, traditional for this sort of get up, Addison sighed and got his hair up in the sticks his friend had sent along. He'd pop into the costume thing and then pop back out. Certainly not long enough for Carol or Ellis or Simon to see him, but he couldn't just not show either. Well...Carol might think it cute, but he wasn't sure on the other two. Frowning at the make up at the bottom of the box, the things laying next to the note that read:

Cherry,
Saw this and thought of you. Hoping you enjoy yourself and let us know every minute detail if you do!
- Christine and the gang.

Leaving the make up...he looked girly enough in this get up, Addison turned on one heel and left.

Party:

It was already in full swing when Addison arrived. He looked around, feeling rather vulnerable for getting there alone. He tucked his hands together and under the long sleeves of his robe. The food looked delicious, but the wooden sandal-things made a racket when he moved and he didn't want to draw any more attention on to himself than necessary.

AHA! And there was Carol....right next to Ellis and Simon...and 3 other people that he didn't recognize. The red-head blew back a strand of hair that had escaped the clutches of the hair pins and tried to get Carol's attention...discreetly.

(OOC: Teehee...I love picking on my girly-boy. He's in a kimono - traditional style and his hair is up with matching sticks. The outfit resembles THIS in colors, but has cherry blossoms on his instead.)
Nova 18 years ago
Nova nodded in agreement with Jan's assessment of her wardrobe choice.

"Yeah, I ironed it and everything."Â?

Well, she hadn't so much ironed it as she had washed it and set the dryer to perma press to keep wrinkles at bay...but that was close enough in her mind. She gave Jan a little elbow to the ribs when he started in on muttering about his outfit.

"Hey, maybe in another five hundred years I'll be the one looking like a complete tool and you'll be the height of fashion."Â?

Realizing there was probably something to take offense to in what she'd just said, she added: "Not that you look like a complete tool, or anything. And hey, at least the tights are comfortable! Now how often do you get to wear those and get away with it?"Â?

Deciding she sucked at cheering people up, she turned to Mathias as introductions went around, wondering if this guy was always like that or if he was just playing the part tonight. With a little shrug, she decided to play along and do the whole disaffected angst thing from the early 90s.

"'Sup?"Â?

It seemed Mathias had business with Ellis, and she decided to take the opportunity while her clan leader was distracted to gank one of the potatoes they had been discussing.

/ooc *giggles @ Addison's outift*
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis clapped her hands when Addison approached. 'Darling, you look scrumptious!' Ellis stood and hugged Addison. 'Everyone,' she turned and faced the table, 'this is Addison Monroe, a new addiction...I mean addition to the clan.' She winked and offered him a seat.
Carol 18 years ago
'Addison!' Carol squealed and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She was happy to see him. She immediately coveted his kimono and wondered how it would look with the length cut all the way up to her mid thigh. 'You've got moxy, my friend.' She smiled and let Addison settle in. Ellis continued to assault waiters as they passed, trying everything within reach. She was hungry tonight, Carol wondered if that was a good thing.

She turned back to the entrance and watched everyone coming and going. She had seen the gardens below and wondered about the night blooming flowers. Carol figured she'd break away for a few minutes to go check them out and possibly mingle a bit. She looked back at Addison, checking to make sure he was ok before taking off.

((ooc - carol is on the way out, but holding on to see if Addison wanted to chat))
Nova 18 years ago
Nova rather indelicately shoved the potato skin into her mouth when Ellis turned, grinning happily through overstuffed cheeks. Realizing introductions were going around, she quickly chewed and swallowed before turning her head to see this Addison fello..lady...what the...okay he was a dude.

A dude wearing a kimono thingy, but still.

Man, they had a weird assed clan. This one looked like fun though; that outfit had to have taken some guts. She gave Jan a wink and a smirk.

"I think he might win."Â?

Turning to Addison, she grinned and started pointing around the table.

"Okay, we've got Jan and his hat, he's my big brother, and Mathias, just met him tonight, and you know Simon, right? Oh, and I'm Nova, good to meet you."Â?
Jan 18 years ago
Jan looked over at this new person and had to look twice. He raised his eyebrows at the outfit and wondered what possessed the man.

Ellis's familiar it would seem. Hmm, that's too bad, he looked like he might be cute under that kimono.

He smiled at Nova and straightened up.

"Yeah, I'd say he wins."

Pulling the hat off he looked at it and then looked back at his sister.

"What is wrong with my hat? This is a fine hat!"

Waving at Carol as she passed by, Jan plopped the hat down on Nova's head.

"That's nice.. goes well with your uh.. ensemble."

Smiling up at the new arrival and feeling much better, Jan said.

"Pleasure to meet you Addison, welcome to the family."
Mathias 18 years ago
Mathias had expected better of Simon's children - they seemed a bit...abrupt to him. Now now Old Man - not everyone was once an Anantya snob you know, some actually have a sense of humor.

This new arrival was...interesting. A woman..no,a man? in a kimono. A flair for the dramatic was appropo Mathias supposed,and Tacharan was a clan of rebels. Mathias turned and greeted Addison. "An honor to meet you Addison. You certainly make a bright addition to the clan." he added,chuckling and shaking Addison's hand.

Mathias noticed that they were beginning to serve dinner. Poor shay! He hoped that she would forgive his absence.

"Well, it looks as if dinner is being served and as I have left a table for want of my company, I should go. Should you have need of me I am sure I will hear the ruckus or the Evenhet whimpering" He smiled and hugged Ellis again "Always an honor Milady."

((ooc - Mathias out,awaiting responses))