Into the mix

The club was decorated eloquently. The blue velvet booth supported his body like a cat on a pillow. It was soft and supple and he felt like a child in a big persons house.

Still he liked it and as the classy but skimpy dressed cocktail waitress strode up to him he heard himself call out a drink before he even thought about it.

'Wow, I must be tense. I've got to clear my mind. Last nights rage, it's been a long time since i've done that. Been like that.'

He looked down at Birseis who was his permanent shadow now. Surprisingly the club had not said a word that he was bringing a dog inside. The had only glanced at her and nodded.

Maybe it had something to do with Chryseis. He attempted to contact her now.

[Aunt Chrys you have blessed me with such gifts.]

There was a brief moment of silence and then he heard her voice.

[If you wish to call it that. I only wish to preserve my lineage.]

[Aw, is that how you think of me? Lineage. Thats really sweet.]

[Is it not? I'm full of sweetness, really.] even mentally he could hear how thick her voice was coated in sarcasm. That was good, she was no pussy.

[What is it that you want Panos.]

[Perhaps I want friendly chatter?]

[Ah, alone again are we. Sad.]

His temper flared and he wanted to smack her. Hard.

She chuckled.

[Did I anger you my dearest nephew? Please forgive me, I'm not used to having family.]

[Fine, no small talk then. What are we going to do? ]

[We my dear?]

[They did have BOTH our pictures on the television.]

[Ah yes, that little mishap. This is why we kill our prey Panos. Humans...they aren't worthy of our time, they are cattle waiting to be slaughtered.]

[Spare me the lecture.]

[Perhaps i shall come to you. Let me finish up what I'm currently doing and i'll come to you.]

[Fine, I'm at Club Eternity.]

She said othing more and he relaxed back into the booth. The waitress arrived shortly after with his drink and he sat and waited for her to arrive.

Panos Mehalitsenos 18 years ago
It had been hours and Chryseis had never showed.

By now Panos was quite drunk on alcohol and blood. He had his evenings fill of both by midnight. The beautiful women he had drank from never felt a thing, they were as drunk as he was if not more. He would gently bite their lips and the catty women thought it was an erotic game.

He walked out of the club with his arms around three women when an idea occured to him.

Ladies Ladies, I must bid you good night! I have an important phone call to make!
He stumbled on his words a bit and released his arms from around the lovely ladies.

They whined and made fake sounds of pain in their dissapointment. He laughed and waved goodbye as the three got into a cab together. They obviously had other intentions for him that evening. As much as that sounded like a tastey idea Panos succumbed to drunk dialing instead.

(lock please-out)