Shhh!! We're hunting Wabbits! : Attn Cyrus

The late autumn wind felt cool on her face and the smell of the leaves was a pleasant aroma to her nose. She loved the change of seasons and fall was one of her favorites for the variety of interesting things to experience. At this moment though she was hunting. Mai barely noticed the branches pulling at the hem of her black kimono as she stalked the small furry creature with single minded focus.

Her weapons were put away tonight; she hardly needed them for one rabbit but she was keen on catching him in human form to keep all her skills sharp; the dry dead fall on the ground making it more difficult to move undetected.

Getting the feeling that she was watched, Mai stopped and waited, standing very still.

Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus had been curled up in a tree for the past hour, full from his meal of fresh deer. His eyes had lazily slid shut as he basked in the moonlight with a full tummy. It was rare that his excessive thirst was ever quenched but the creature stashed a few trees over had sufficiently filled him for the moment.

The rabbit below had caused one golden eye to peek open. He lay still upon the branch, not even his tail twitching. Cute little morsel nosing around the downed branches. After a silent yawn the leopards eyes blinked at the sight below him.

His order's leader silently stalked the fuzzy bunny. That was odd. Especially since she was in human form. How she managed to stay so silent in that dress baffled him. Deciding to watch the proceedings, he remained still as leopards are prone to do when stalking. While he was sure she could successfully capture the rabbit, he wondered why she was doing so.

He tilted his head and watched.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai felt around with her senses for what seemed to be in the area and felt the heat coming off a living thing above her, a focused sniff pointed to a feline. Cyrus-san was most quiet, an excellent hunter. Smiling, she went back to her chase for the moment.

The rabbit thought it was safe from detection having hidden itself among a bramble bush near the tree. Its plan seemed to be to wait out whatever uneasy feeling it had gotten and hope the coast was clear when it decided to poke its head out again. Mai personally thought this was a bad idea but then she was the aggressor and rarely the hunted.

Moving suddenly and quickly, She struck thrusting her hand under the bush and pulling out the wiggling herbivore.

With a smile of satisfaction, She held him in front of her.
Cyrus 18 years ago
The patience and quick movements impressed Cyrus greatly. So few hunters could stay still enough for a long enough period in this modern world. Of course, Asahi Mai was not of this century but still to see the display was impressive.

The leopard lept lightly upwards, moving silently as he shifted into his human form. His perch on the tree branch was not as comfortable this way but he wanted to congratulate the hunter below him.

"An amazing display, honored elder. Congratulations on your capture."

He said with as respectful a bow he could do while sitting upon a tree branch, feet above her head. It would be rude to interrupt her kill or meal by jumping down, but he felt the congratulations were warranted. To hunt without weapons or powers was impressive.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai nodded and tilted her head up to Cyrus above her.

"Arigato Cyrus-san"

She pulled the furry animal close to her body and held him snuggly, petting his soft fur absently with the other hand.

"Konbanwa, you are enjoying the weather?"

This one of the hunt seemed to stay outside even more than she did which was very rare and she wondered if Cyrus did anything for amusement other than hunt. Surely he spent the hours of eternity with other pursuits. It was not, however, very polite to ask and so she shrugged off the momentary interest and smiled up at him with white eyes.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Amused but not overly surprized at her cuddling the animal, Cyrus smiled.

"The weather is fine thank you. Though I fear I am poaching quite a few of the deer that also find the weather pleasant in this forest."

Shaking his head sadly, he wished there was a different way to assuage his thirst but he found preying upon humans circumstanially unable to deny him distasteful. Plus they usually tasted bad.

"I apologize for any inequities I cause here. I will gladly find some way to restock the herd if need be."

Perhaps he should explain why exactly he was eating the deer, though he was sure that his problem was Anantya knowledge.

"Back home, I had familiars that help find me enough willing donors to satiate my excessive thirst. Though the deers are not as good a meal as humans they can provide enough quantity to make calm my cravings for an evening or two. Which that in itself is a blessing."

He wished he was not so embarrassed about his flaw in front of the elder. Somehow he felt like a wayward child even though he was over 1000 years old.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai tilted her head thoughtfully.

"The deer should learn to run faster."

She did see the problem though, they needed the deer to keep things in balance here and if he were going to be eating so very often there was a problem. Mai personally could go months without tasting a drop of blood but then she was old, very old. This large amount of blood was strange though Cyrus was not a new foundling and she wondered if it was a product of his mind or something passed on by his creator. The first might be dealt with in time but the second might have no cure. If he really ate so often she guessed that answered her question, Cyrus did little else more than hunt.

Mai wrinkled her nose in distaste at the idea of being so close to humans on a constant basis and depending on them to bring food. They were dirty creatures for the most part and unpredictable but some were fascinating enough to actually speak to still she wasn't sure she'd ever met any she wanted to bring home as pets.

"Cyrus-san, if you feel a human would help you then do what you must but remember to keep the Manor and Anantya safe. I am sure you know this. Choose wisely."
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus landed upon the ground lightly, on a patch of pine straw which made almost no rustle as he glided atop it. As the elder pet the rabbit, seeming to contemplate his words. He wondered if he should ask to import the wild boars that he preferred to hunt at home. That might upset the balance more than him consuming deer though.

Damn Temutai for this curse.

"I fear that running faster matters not, when they rarely look upward for predators that lie in wait."

Cyrus wondered what had the elders nose crinkled up. She looked quite cute and very young like that. Restraining himself from comment was easy as she was a Triad member but she was still a very attractive vampire. At her statement of approval for him to have familiars here at the Manor, gratitude flooded him.

"Thank you honored elder for your kindness. I shall keep safety utmost in my mind at all times. Had my maker not cursed me with this relentless thirst I would not trouble the clan so, unfortunately that is not the case."

Bowing deeply, he knew exactly who to bless as his familiar, Suki from the House of Pain. She was already very devoted to him and should take to it without much trouble.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai laughed and it sounded clearly in the silent woods like the sound of bells at a festival dance.

"This is very true, speed matters not when one runs head long into the trap."

Mai nodded her understanding and acknowledgment of his statement. It was his creator that cursed him this way. She wondered why the man made children if he was afflicted so, not that Cyrus was not a boon to Anantya but it seemed a crime to purposefully make more who would also be cursed. She wondered how many more he had made since Cyrus.

"You are no trouble to the clan, Cyrus-san, we have reason to be proud of our Mongolian son."

Mai bowed to the other hunter in return, smiling peacefully at him. She was glad this would make his life easier, perhaps he will take up a hobby. Mai was personally fond of flower arranging but she doubted it would suit the feline vampire.
Cyrus 18 years ago
"Your understanding is most appreciated. Temutai, my creator, did not know the first thing about what he had become. He left a swath of destruction and drained corpses behind him. To his credit as soon as he learned to control himself, with my assistance, he left no more. Long before he met the sun I vowed never to pass my cursed thirst on to any more."

Thinking of the past was a gruesome subject. Of course he also had the rather unpleasant task of getting the deer out of the tree and burying the remains, what little there was left. Silently vowing not to poach upon his clan's hospitality or patience he bowed again to his elder.

"I shall clean up my mess so we do not attract scavengers. Thank you again honored elder. Good hunting to you."

With a leap into the tree he had lain upon prior he shifted to land lightly, claws gripping the wood. Swiftly he traveled through the branches to the carcass, which he dragged down clenched between his large teeth to the forest floor. A shovel would probably be handy about now.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai nodded her head well pleased with Cyrus's restraint and wisdom. She bowed again and watched when he turned to climb up the tree to get the deer.

Wandering off with the rabbit still clutched next to her, she sang

"yubi kiri genman
uso tsuitara
hari sen bon nomasu
yubi kitta"

"Isn't that so?" She asked the fuzzy little animal and then smiled. Petting him, once more on the head, Mai set him down on the ground.

Watching him run off, Mai laughed and said.

"Until next time, Usagi-chan."

((OOC: Mai Out...yes, she's strange ))
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cleaning up the deer took no time at all. Soon he was striding down the path as he awaited the arrival of his car.

((Cyrus Out like a free lil bunny. ))